What's new

New Orleans

Going to be in New Orleans in a couple of weeks for business. My schedule is going to be very tight but wondered if there are any shave shops or places worth stopping by for shaving related gear, which I could do make a quick stop.

I've heard that Aidan Gill has some decent products, but I've never been. They advertise the "shave at the end of the universe" or something like that using a Mach III, so I've never really been to enticed to head over there.

I've also heard that Magazine St. Barber Shop has a few decent products but, again, I haven't been. They also offer a Mach III shave (I believe).

That's all I've ever heard of in the area and I don't think either one has a ton of products. But good luck! If you find anything, please post it in here. I've only been wet shaving for a few months, so I haven't done too much extensive searching, but those that I listed are the larger establishments I've come across.

Aiden Gill has a lot of SMN products, as well as most creams and soaps.

Saks on canal will have some stuff.

Thanks for the replies. Found Aiden Gill this morning. Nice shop. Price tag per item is a little high but I checked it against online orders and if you figure in shipping, the same amount of coin is leaving your pocket. They offer $35 haircuts and $24 (I think it was) shaves.

What was nice was being able to smell the products. There was a few on my to try list that were eliminated after smelling them. Saved me some trouble of having to buy and resell on BST!

Top Bottom