What's new

DR Harris Aftershave/splash?

I have recently discovered the DR Harris Almond shave soap. It is just great. Can anyone recomment a DR Harris aftershave product (splash/aftershave/balm) that goes well with it?

I prefer splash but would like something that smells good and has some benefit to the post shave recovery process.

Pretty much all of there splashes are excellent for post shave and very great scents. The Almond is pretty neutral and doesn't really clash because it is so powdery but very nice and subtle so I'd pick something that will compliment your fragrance/cologne. The Arlington is the only fern scent I like and it compliments any fresh fragrance IMO. The Marlborough is probably the only one in their lineup that may get some mixed reviews; very woodsy and smokey and my favorite.

Either one and you can't go wrong:001_smile

I have 4 D.R. Harris splashes -- Pink, Arlington, Marlborough and Sandalwood. I like them all. The Pink has a light, rose scent that doesn't linger long. The Arlington is citrus/fern combination that is very nice and on me doesn't last so long as to interfere with my cologne, although most of the time I just pair it with the Arlington cologne. As mentioned Marlborough is a smokier scent with some cedar in it. It lingers longer, and I usually pair it with the Marlborough cologne. The Sandalwood is a spicier scent that I really like. It is pretty strong so I just use it as my cologne of the day. I do note a bit more burn from the Sandalwood for some reason.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I asked a similar question on SMF concerning the DR Harris Almond soap.... I will likely purchase the Marlborough complete line next but intend on owning the entire DR Harris catalog eventually!

**** I already own the Pink Aftershave and it is truly delightful

i've just discovered the DR Harris almond shaving soap and am really enjoying it. I have the Trumper's almond on the way too. I'm not a big scent person but I enjoy Harris' Pink aftershave as non-offensive and skin friendly for an aftershave. I also use speick aftershave which i enjoy as well.

I asked a similar question on SMF concerning the DR Harris Almond soap.... I will likely purchase the Marlborough complete line next but intend on owning the entire DR Harris catalog eventually!

**** I already own the Pink Aftershave and it is truly delightful

I like your thinking. This is my intent as well. I have the Arlington soap and a/s splash(well, no splash. I just finished it off), Marlborough soap and a/s, lavender soap, and now the sandalwood splash and EdP hair lotion. I am getting there!

Regards, Todd

I'd say the Marlborough, Sandalwood, or Bay Rum would go with Almond.

I've never encountered a DR Harris product that wasn't quality.

As others have said, Harris stuff is really top-notch and they have a good array of scents. I have the Pink, Bay Rum and Sandalwood in AS as well as the Arlington Cologne. Pink is very gentle to the skin whereas the other after shaves are more "bracing". The Sandalwood AS can double as a cologne- it has a great scent and lasts for many hours and Arlington is just wonderful too.

The Harris Aftershave Milk has a mild dusty rose scent and is really fantastic. It is fast becoming a favorite of mine.

I have Arlington and really like it...I also like to mix in a few drop of it with some D.R. Harris milk for some moisturizing combination.

Top Bottom