What's new

Martin de Candre savon à raser

Is there any way to purchase this soap from a USA dealer? When I tried to purchase it in France, the postage was going to be almost as expensive as the soap.

--james

Is there any way to purchase this soap from a USA dealer? When I tried to purchase it in France, the postage was going to be almost as expensive as the soap.

--james

Hi James,

Do a search and you should find your answer. There have been a few threads about this mystical soap. I think the answer is that there is no way to buy it without paying the $25 or so shipping. :thumbdown

Hi James,

Do a search and you should find your answer. There have been a few threads about this mystical soap. I think the answer is that there is no way to buy it without paying the $25 or so shipping. :thumbdown

I searched before I posted. That is why I posted. I was hoping that someone would tell me there was a way to buy this soap without paying the outrageous shipping fees. :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:angry::angry::glare:

Yeah I think you have to pay the $34 shipping, but you can load up to 2 kg in the order. I've heard it is an excellent soap, but it does not warrant the cost of shipping.

They show up once in a while on BST at reasonable prices by comparison. There was one on SMF not too long ago.

I'll keep my eye out.

The SMF folks banned me, I suspect, because I mentioned B&B, in an exchange wherein I felt I had taken the ethical high road. No communication or PM exchange with a mod. Nothing. Simply blocked. Of course that's simple to overcome, but not worth it to me. The differences in the groups is huge and I am really happy to be active here.

Thanks for your thoughts.

i really want to try this stuff and might decide to finally order some toward the end of next month as an early present for myself.

I'll keep my eye out.

The SMF folks banned me, I suspect, because I mentioned B&B, in an exchange wherein I felt I had taken the ethical high road. No communication or PM exchange with a mod. Nothing. Simply blocked. Of course that's simple to overcome, but not worth it to me. The differences in the groups is huge and I am really happy to be active here.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Their loss.

I recently got a PIF (sample) of this soap, and it's wonderful stuff. I've been really wanting to get a full order, and would certainly consider buying some... hint, hint!

I dont think they want to ship to the states for whatever reason. Its OK but it is crazy that I can send 10 lbs of stuff to .....Pakistan or Russia from the US for the same price it cost them to send 9 oz to us? Honestly I would think its a good idea to avoid the French anyway. Deporting thousands of .....nevermind. Will keep my money away from them at the moment.

So the people who make soap are responsible for deporting? Just like I could stop buying from USA for numerous reasons, but I don't.

Anyway, MdC is a great soap and it's worth trying out, I've received a sample and it's a great shaver. I'm not a big fan of the scent (lavender + mint).

Since you can get up to 2kg, you should do a group buy with other members. If you split the $34 (from what I recall) 5 or 6 ways, it becomes much more reasonable.

Actually, one of you younger guys that lives in a world capital needs to start dating a woman at the French embassy. They probably get goodies shipped over from the homeland on a regular basis.

Of course, then you've got to share. The Martin de Candre, I mean. Not the French woman. But that would be okay, too. :thumbup:

Oh...haven't visited their website in a while. Do they not like B&B over there?

Not at all. Many B&B members are also members at SMF. One of our Mods here Mods at SMF. Maybe that's why we call him the King!

In general there is a lot of "cross pollination" of membership across all the shaving forums.

Last edited:
Not al all. Many B&B members are also members at SMF. One of our Mods here Mods at SMF. Maybe that's why we call him the King!

In general there is a lot of "cross pollination" of membership across all the shaving forums.

That's what I thought...I go over there from time to time too.

Not al all. Many B&B members are also members at SMF. One of our Mods here Mods at SMF. Maybe that's why we call him the King!

I found it dramatically different at SMF than here at B&B. In fact my account there was blocked when I commented on what I saw as an ethical issue and referenced B&B favorably in that context.

There is little doubt that I unknowingly stepped on toes, but the only notification I ever saw was when my account was blocked.

B&B feels like home; communication among good people. The other place felt like a war zone to me.

--james

Top Bottom