What's new

where to shop in Ottawa?

Hey all, great site. I've been browsing for a couple weeks and am amazed at all the information here. I bought a Merkur ( think it's called a classic, the one with the short thin handle) and once I learned to use it have found it to be fantastic. I've been shaving for about fourteen years and finally the razor burn around my mouth and neck that I thought was permanent is fully gone. But the only problem with it is locating blades here in Ottawa. I've been using "exact" brand blades that i got at Loblaws aout two months ago (I bought the last three packs of five). Today I went to stock up again and the guy at loblaws tells Me Loblaws doesn't carry them anymore, that I bought the last few packs of them. Went to shoppers drug mart, all they had was the supposedly terrible red gillette blades for $15 plus tax per pack. Same situation at Walmart. I think ebay is probably in my future but it's a pain not to be able to get them locally. Are there really so few people shaving this way that the Major stores in Canada don't even stock the blades anymore? Good Grief!

I live in Montreal where many of the high-end cigar stores also carry lots of wetshaving supplies. Nevertheless, I buy all my blades on-line, usually from classicshaving.com. Service is very quick and prices reasonable. Just stock up, and try some from different manufacturers....I like Feathers personally for DE razors.

I have seen Wilkinson Blades at The Glebe Apothacary and Men Essentials (in Westboro and Online) carry Merkurs. Anyone know of anywhere else that Carries DE Blades?

I dunno but where I live, Walmart carries a ton of DE safety blades. They carry Gillette, Precision and Personna, also Zellers carries Supermax blades, the Co-Op sells Wilkinson 5 blade packs, although they are $1 for each blade!!!! Superstore carries the Exact brand, but they are $2 for 5 blades. The other brands, they are usually about $1.50-1.99 for a pack of 10. I basically bought out the entire stock of blades at Walmart because like you, you don't know when they will stop carrying them?

Top Bottom