What's new

How do you clean your DE Razor ?

Used my first DE Razor...a Muhle R89 today. I held it under the tap...used warm water and washed it off...ran a water stream under the blade holder, through the holes underneath and on the sides....dried off the external part of the razor with a cloth.

I plan to do this after every shave.

I didn't take it apart and wash the inside....might be an idea, when I change the blade, though ?

I found what I took to be some soap residue (I use Proraso Shaving Soap in the green puck) on the Muhle surface...so I polished that up a bit...as it is a beautiful instrument.

Is this process what should be done....or am I missing something ?

Please let me know.

BTW, I also dip the razor into warm water while shaving...to wash any accumulated whiskers and / or shaving soap off...after every few shaving strokes.

Correct ?

I rinse it off after shaving with warm water and let it air dry. When I change the blade I hit it with Scrubbing Bubbles and an old toothbrush.

I should note that I use the same blade/razor combo for a week at a time. If you are switching it up you may need to adjust the regiment.

Just rinse it off in hot water. You can give it a thorough cleaning when changing blades... or just wait untill its too disgusting to look at, then give it a squirt of soap scum remover and hit it with an old toothbrush.

What I do is what others have said above: run under hot water and let air dry for a minute or two. Then I soak it in Isopropyl alcohol for 90 seconds to displace any remaining water. When I change blades then the scrubbing bubbles and toothbrush come out.

Top Bottom