What's new

Schick Date Codes?

OK, I surfed around here and tried the wiki and faq and even tried Achim's site, but I couldn't find any info on date codes for Schick razors. Specifically, I've got a Krona that I'd like to date if possible. On the underneath of the blade bed, it's inscribed thusly:

1 (may be an "I", I'm not sure) 2

Schick Logo Made in U.S.A.

6 M

Anyone out there familiar with if or how Schick dated their DE's care to chime in? Thanks, guys.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there is no resource to decipher the codes on Schick razors. AFAIK, no one is even sure that the letters and numbers are actually date codes.

I was pretty sure that this was the case, but thought that the collective mind of B&B would ferret out an answer if one was available. Guess not, but thanks for the info.

I am no expert in any sense of the word. i don't even own one. However, recently I thought about getting one and after not finding any info here, I did a Google search and found this site. I am not sure if this site was created by a fellow B&B member or not. Not even sure if it is actually accurate. Nonetheless, it was pretty informative and as close as I got to a wiki. Hope that helps.

I am no expert in any sense of the word. i don't even own one. However, recently I thought about getting one and after not finding any info here, I did a Google search and found this site. I am not sure if this site was created by a fellow B&B member or not. Not even sure if it is actually accurate. Nonetheless, it was pretty informative and as close as I got to a wiki. Hope that helps.

That site gets referenced very frequently around here. It's a good resource for Schick info. It used to have a message board but that, along with a lot of the site is no longer functioning.

Thanks, 72lbs, for that link. Unfortunately, the site only talks about Schick injectors. Since the Krona is a TTO DE, I guess the details of any coding are lost in the mists of time (or at least tucked safely away in the files at Energizer Holdings).

Still, it was an interesting and informative read. I certainly learned a lot about the Schick injector world, and now I'm interested to try one. When I was younger, I remember my Dad shaving with a Schick injector (the one with the tennis racket handle), so it piqued my interest. Thanks again!

Still, it was an interesting and informative read. I certainly learned a lot about the Schick injector world, and now I'm interested to try one. When I was younger, I remember my Dad shaving with a Schick injector (the one with the tennis racket handle), so it piqued my interest. Thanks again!

Inbound PM.

Top Bottom