What's new

New Member, But Not To Wetshaving

Hey all,

This is my first post here and just wanted to check-in. I'm not new to wetshaving, it was over 2 years ago when I switched to a DE. I then got into straight razors also and became a member on StraightRazorPlace (user name StraightRazorDave). I've read a lot of posts here over the last couple of years and decided that it was time for me to become a member. :)

That's pretty much it, happy shaving! :thumbup1:

Many thanks! That was indeed a warm welcome. I do hope that I can share my experience. I just noticed that under my user name is the status of "Wetshaver Wannabe"....psh. I've been doing nothing but properly wet shaving for over 2 years!:tongue_sm

I've actually taken a break from straight razors for a while. I sold all of my SR gear because I needed a bit of cash, so have gone back to good ole DE shaving for a while. You know I've really missed it! The last couple of weeks shaving with a DE again is really nice, and I don't have to worry about the blade's sharpness (like with a straight razor) anymore. There's also a lot less work in maintaining a safety razor than a straight. I'm not trying to bash straights (I loved them), I'm just saying it's kinda nice having a few less variables to obsessive over! :lol:

Welcome to B&B.

What DE are you using? I gave up on straight shaving a while back before I retired. Too many steps to take for me.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. :thumbup:

Welcome to B&B.

What DE are you using? I gave up on straight shaving a while back before I retired. Too many steps to take for me.

I used a Mekur HD for a while, but have picked up a couple of vintage Gillette razor that I'm going to use primarily. I used an old Gillette Slim Adjustable and found that it was more gentle on my face than the Merkurs were. But I have sensitive skin, so as I read a lot around here, YMMV. :001_cool:

Top Bottom