What's new

Rolls Razor

I just won a NOS rolls off of flea bay! I was sure someone was going to come in and outbid me at the last minute. I already have another one, but unfortunately the hone was cracked upon receipt, so hopefully this one makes it to me in good shape. I'm excited to get one of these up and running.

Well I've tried shaving with the rolls a few times. I must say I'm not a fan of it. My slant, gem se, and super speeds give me a much better shave. This thing just doesn't seem sharp enough or something. I think I'm going to let my co worker borrow it for a while and see what he thinks.

How much time do suggest using the hone. I didn't want to overdue it.

In my honest opinion, you are not going to bring the blade to true shave ready status with just the included hone. The hone can probably maintain an already sharp blade though. I would send the blade away for a professional honing, so you know it is as shave ready as it can possibly be.

Ambrose if I recall correctly is experienced in sharpening Rolls blades.

In my honest opinion, you are not going to bring the blade to true shave ready status with just the included hone. The hone can probably maintain an already sharp blade though. I would send the blade away for a professional honing, so you know it is as shave ready as it can possibly be.

+1, i have a few rolls, and could never shave with them at all, when i got into straights and honing, i spend a bit of time honing up the blade and it was fine, though i am not a huge fan of the rolls, the included hone will, as said above, keep a well honed blade sharp, otherwise you will just waste your time trying to get it super sharp on that hone.

Thanks, I'll look him/her up sometime. I really wanted to love this razor.

Top Bottom