What's new

Which Aristocrat?

A recent thread on Aristocrat dating caused me to get mine out and look at it more carefully. I decided from Mr. Razor's site that I have a 1947 or 1948 -end caps, no blade notch, and no knurling on upper ring and lower (by TTO knob) ring. However, I noticed that there were no markings in the bottom of the blade tray. Contacted Achim by pm and without photos, and he doesn't know this razor. So I thought to post pictures here in the hopes that Achim or any the members can offer any insights. I will not post a photo of the razor case and the blade case, because I have no idea if this "set" I have is how it came new and managing pictures of the razor is hard enough! The razor case has lost a great deal of the gold lettering in the inner, upper side; and the blade case really looks like an earlier Gillette blade case.

Since I am not a super photographer, the markings are:
REG.U.S. PAT.OFF.

"Gillette logo" MADE IN USA

As I mentioned above, there are no markings on the upper bed of the blade tray.

Thanks you for any insights!

As near as I can tell, yours looks just like mine of the same era.
Great condition, too.
What's the question?
-- Chet

Looks like a '46-'47 to me, with markings the same as mine.

Case you show with your pictures is the "correct" one for that vintage, too.

All the Aristocrats of this vintage that I find on Mr. Razor's site show a marking on the bottom of the blade tray; not the underside of the blade tray, but just below where the blade sits when installed. Mine is not marked. Mr. Razor indicates that he has no knowledge of this. My question started out being what year it is; my question is now if it is some variant.

As near as I can tell, yours looks just like mine of the same era.
Great condition, too.
What's the question?
-- Chet

my question is now if it is some variant.
John, since mine says Pat. Nos. on Package, do you think yours (which is earlier model) might possibly be from before a particular patent was approved. Perhaps applied for because of some slight change, but not assigned a patent number? Otherwise, I have no idea or suggestions.:001_smile

John, since mine says Pat. Nos. on Package, do you think yours (which is earlier model) might possibly be from before a particular patent was approved. Perhaps applied for because of some slight change, but not assigned a patent number? Otherwise, I have no idea or suggestions.:001_smile

Looking at Mr. Razor's site, even the 1941 Aristocrat says Pat. Nos. on Package. I am wondering if it is the left over head from a 1940 Regent Tech, which apparently was blank where mine is blank. Or it is a 1946-47 Aristocrat that missed that stage in the stamping process. I have no idea either!

Looking at Mr. Razor's site, even the 1941 Aristocrat says Pat. Nos. on Package. I am wondering if it is the left over head from a 1940 Regent Tech, which apparently was blank where mine is blank. Or it is a 1946-47 Aristocrat that missed that stage in the stamping process. I have no idea either!

Either way, it is not a common item! Congrats on an outstanding score! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Top Bottom