What's new

World Series 2010 (Formerly MLB Playoffs)

The MLB playoffs start later this week. Here are the matchups:

American League Division Series

New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins
Texas Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Rays

National League Division Series

Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies
Atlanta Braves vs. San Francisco Giants

What are your predictions for the Division Series? Feel free to discuss as well. Here are my predictions:

Yankees win in four: The Yankees are the better team and the Twins have lost their past three playoff matches to the Yankees.

Rangers win in five: I expect Cliff Lee to start twice and pitch well both times, as every quality start could mean more money at the end of the year. The Rays are the better team, but Cliff Lee is, well, Cliff Lee.

Phillies win in four: The Reds are a good team, but I think the Phillies have the edge here with their pitching. It will be interesting seeing the first game, as both pitchers have never pitched in the playoffs before.

Giants win in five: I think this will go on to five games. The Braves have not played well as of late and even worse on the road, and the Giants were not in playoff form until a few weeks ago. I think the Giant win it, though, because they have the home field.

Last edited:
I think we'll be stuck with a Yankees-Phillies series again, which will save me a lot of time in front of the television. The only chance the Twins have is if they beat CC Sabathia in game 1.

No predictions but I am hoping for a Phils vs Tampa Bay World Series.

But in the end, having lived in Maine for ten years...anybody but the Yankees.

According to Sports Center this morning the National League matchups are Atlanta playing San Francisco and Philadelphia and Cincinnati. I'm hoping for a Braves/Reds NLCS. Doesn't matter all that much to me what happens in the American League. I just want to see my Braves in the World Series again.

What I think

Yanks over Twins
Rays over Rangers

Yanks over Rays

Phils over Giants
Reds over Braves

Phils over Reds

Yanks over Phils

I'm hoping for a Rays vs Reds title game tho with the Rays winning in 7. Maybe that would get more then 10k folks to a Rays game.

National League Division Series

San Francisco Giants vs. Atlanta Braves
Philadelphia Phillies vs. Cincinnati Reds

Fixed that for you, you had the matchups wrong.

Anyways, I see the Giants steamrolling the Braves in 4, the Phillies pancaking the Reds in 3, then I'm hoping for a long NLCS so that I can see a couple games here.

This will be the first year in a loooong time that I haven't silently rooted against the Twins making the post season. I just could not handle watching baseball being televised from that wretched Metrodome. Put me down as another calling it Yankees/Phillies in the World Series. As big George would have wanted it.

According to Sports Center this morning the National League matchups are Atlanta playing San Francisco and Philadelphia and Cincinnati. I'm hoping for a Braves/Reds NLCS. Doesn't matter all that much to me what happens in the American League. I just want to see my Braves in the World Series again.

Fixed that for you, you had the matchups wrong.

Anyways, I see the Giants steamrolling the Braves in 4, the Phillies pancaking the Reds in 3, then I'm hoping for a long NLCS so that I can see a couple games here.

Thank you, gentlemen. I wrote this up before Sunday night's games finished, so that might explain it. Not sure what I was thinking :lol:

Of all the teams in the play-offs, the Redlegs are considered by most as the weakest team. I think they will surprise the Phillies and may even face the Rays in the WS. I HOPE!

The Rangers made quick work of the Rays today. Cliff Lee is just too good for any team, really. Feliz did a good job for the Rangers in the 9th (after settling down).

Growing up, I could not stand the Yankees. Now, having lived in NYC for over four years, I've found the demonic pull of the historic organization steadily pulling me closer and closer to their evil empire. I don't think this is the year I root for them, but I fear that next season I may be a fan...

I'll go for the Devil Rays, simply because I enjoyed my stay in Tampa years ago.

Top Bottom