What's new

Cream + Pre-Shave Oil Mixture

I'm pretty new at this, but what I have found to be a particularly good mixture is my C.O. Bigelow shave cream and about 5 drops of my menthol King of Shaves pre-shave oil. It still lathers great and gives me an even better BBS shave. :thumbup: The oil used as prescribed didn't do anything positive and made my razor feel like it was getting sticky and not wanting to glide across my face well. Anyone else mix the two together?

I think I've heard of others doing this, but I'm too afraid of gumming up my shaving brush to try it myself. Adding glycerine to your SC of choice is another popular doctoring-up of a lather. As for me... well,

I add Vi-John shaving cream to EVERYTHING!

Hello! Yes I too use about 6 drops of Shave Secret before lathering with Proraso and I find that it helps to make my face just a little bit slicker and to help avoid the little nicks and weepers that I get when I just use Proraso by itself.

I few days ago I lathered without using Save Secret and I didn't get a very good shave so I went back to using the oil and have not had a problem. My razor cleans up very well either way so my advice would be to try shaving with and without the oil to see how it goes. YMMV and i will try getting some glycerin to substitute in place of the oil to see if that'll work even better. Happy Shaving

Top Bottom