What's new

Which cell phone are you using?

I'm a bit of a tech guy and on my way to upgrading my phone from a Blackberry Tour to the HTC Evo on Sprint. It's basically the iPhone except bigger and better imho.

Just curious as to what phones you guys are sporting and what do you love/hate about them?

Love my Blackberry for it's email and contacts organization. Hate it for it's slow processor (imo) and lack of useful apps compared to the android platform.

What I expect to love about the Evo will be the full touchscreen, seems more natural to me. I'm also excited to use the apps. Maps, better email interface, storage, ability to stream video on the go. It seems to combine a bunch of devices into one.

Last edited:
I am using a Samsung U740. It is nothing special, but gets the job done and makes texting much easier. The only thing I hate about it is that it is not a Motorola Droid :rolleyes:

Using a Palm Pre Plus. I love the WebOS system; it's intuitive, powerful, and can do things the Iphone has wet dreams about (running multiple apps anyone?). I really like some of the homebrew features that one can add, and you don't have to worry about voiding a warranty or any such BS. I like the gesture area on the Plus model a lot more than the button. The fact that it is Linux-based is a plus. I wish the App Catalog were bigger, but there is still plenty to work with. Mobile Hotspots is an awesome feature as well.

I thoroughly dislike some aspects of the hardware, though. The keyboard feels fine in the hand but the buttons often won't register, and I'll have to type something three or four times (has been the case since day one, and might actually be a problem with particular apps as some seem to work better than others). They could have equipped it with a faster processor too, but it runs pretty close to my friends' Iphones. The sliding mechanism seems to be a little flimsy, but overall has held together well so far.

I have two phones right now.
An HTC Desire and an iPhone4. I only use one of them. The Desire was given to me by a business relation. I think the HTC is alright, but not quite my cup of tea. Android will be my next phone OS, but not quite yet.

proxy.php

Iphone 3g, but I made the mistake of installing OS4 on it, so realistically I only have about half a cell phone.

Using a Palm Pre Plus. I love the WebOS system; it's intuitive, powerful, and can do things the Iphone has wet dreams about (running multiple apps anyone?). I really like some of the homebrew features that one can add, and you don't have to worry about voiding a warranty or any such BS. I like the gesture area on the Plus model a lot more than the button. The fact that it is Linux-based is a plus. I wish the App Catalog were bigger, but there is still plenty to work with. Mobile Hotspots is an awesome feature as well.

I thoroughly dislike some aspects of the hardware, though. The keyboard feels fine in the hand but the buttons often won't register, and I'll have to type something three or four times (has been the case since day one, and might actually be a problem with particular apps as some seem to work better than others). They could have equipped it with a faster processor too, but it runs pretty close to my friends' Iphones. The sliding mechanism seems to be a little flimsy, but overall has held together well so far.

iPhone 3GS here. I've had multitasking and tethering since before the Pre came out :w00t:. You can revert back to a factory firmware by clicking a button- no need to worry about warranties!

Will probably get an Android phone when 4G becomes more widespread and when I can afford an iPad to keep my apps/music/settings from iTunes.

I have an Iphone for personal use. Overall I like the phone for the quality of the connection and the apps.

I also have a blackberry bold. I think the sound quality is poor. I have had three phones over the last 1 1/2 years. There have been problems with not getting all my emails. Verizon says its my company's server. My company says its the phone. All I know is its a piece of #(%$. That said, I feel I have better signal strength with my blackberry than my Iphone.

Top Bottom