What's new

Barber Shop Name

K

kimthebarber

I am considering opening a barber shop in my home and wondered if anyone had ideas on a name. I live in Maine on the coast, a small lobster/fishing community and I want to be known as a barber shop that welcomes womes hair cuts as well. Any ideas ? Thank You so much I appreciate it, btw my name is Kim

I Don't have a name, but I made a fun graphic.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
I know its rather blatant, but I've always wanted to see a barber shop named "Occam's Razor" Or " Occam's Barber" or something along those lines. It would rock so much:laugh:

"Kim's Kuts" is fine for now, if you're going to operate as a sole practicioner from your house.

when you hit the big-time and open up a salon in town, then "The Yankee Clipper" is a great name.

If it's going to be cuts with a 'k,' it has to be cuts with a 'z,' a la 'Kim's Kutz.' Them's the roolz.

(Though I thought women never got their hair cut per se, only styled.)

Unless you really want some kind of cutesy name, consider something that fits into the flavor of your location.

Ordinarily I wouldn't ask this, but since you have stated you want a "barber shop" that would also attract women, what is your gender? Kim could be either a man's or a woman's first name. I suppose it could also be your last name. Being somewhat familiar with the "inherent" no-nonsense reasonings of Mainers, I think it makes a difference. As does whether your shop will be in the trendier coastal towns or way farther Down East.

Use to be a saloon near me with a sign that had a rabbit in a tux holding a top hat.

The name was "Sir Hare".

Always thought that would be a great name for a babershop.

Top Bottom