What's new

Long-handled badger brush?

I like my Kent BK2, but I'm thinking I'd like something similar with a long handle. I have big hands, and it would be nice to be able to comfortably use some of my deeper shaving mugs. Anything out there?

PC Woodcrafts makes some excellent long handles. The look a bit unorthodox, but they are excellent for several different hand trips.

Well you could send your brush to Rudy Vey if you are comfortable with him trying to crack the knot free. I don't know much about it, but it seems there is some danger involved, but Rudy is very skilled. Here's the link to the surgery he did for someone's Kent BK4 funny enough, just a step ahead of yours!

If you don't want that there are other brushes you could consider along with someone making a brush. But would you want to go with a bigger knot? I don't know how big the BK2 is but it is pretty small and I can only thing of one brush that would be fairly long and about that size and that's the Simpson Emperor.

Thanks all for the replies. I think the Old School brushes on Penworks might fill the bill. If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to post here. :001_cool:

Top Bottom