What's new

Acquisitions: Monday April 2 - Sunday April 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
From letterk a nice "Mini Me" Brush & Razor Stand..it holds a near mint Made in England British NEW with immaculate Bakelite Case eBay Australia, Gillette New Standard Gold Set with NICE Leather Case AND Original Box with the stamp of a Cutlery Shop in Philadelphia that originally sold it during the Roaring 20's that I purchased during my waining RAD days from John at SMF.

I'm not sure if it's ok for me to start this thread, but I noticed there wasn't a new one up yet, so here it goes:

My wife informs that the 2 Super Speeds (1957 & No Date Code) I bought from Mike (thanks Mike!) arrived today.

I'm looking forward to passing one of them on to my brother to get him started.

1957 - top
No Date Code - bottom

Rooney finest style 2 small. Jim at Vintage Blades was wonderful to work with. I explained to him what I was looking for and he hand selected the brush based on my preferences. I ordered it on Friday and it was delivered Monday! That's service! (It appears some of the print is missing on the reverse side of the brush but it's all there. Some type of anomaly in lighting) The pictures really don't do it justice!

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Simpson PJ2 Super
Chrome razor and brush stand (which now fits the razor, but not the brush! :rolleyes:)

full

full

From Top to Bottom:
Merkur Travel Case
Geo F Trumper Samples
Mama Bear Soap: Dragon's Tears(Thanks Juaquin!)
Merkur Vision 2000 (Thanks Thad!)

Got two of those Wapienica straights as mentioned above (and they're good!), 2 gem single-edge razors, Gilette Super Speed and the merkur slantbar.
Was a good day but now I'm seriously finished, I may need to let go of a few razros.

full

Taylor of Old Bond Street Rose & Avocado, Merkur Slant, Feather blades, Proraso Pre & Post 500ml and American Crew Forming Cream. Also received as free gifts: American Crew Citrus bodywash, Dalan SC, American Crew daily shampoo & conditioner and two handmade shaving soaps.

That razor is sweet:thumbup1: Also I think you will love the brush I have the 3 and it is a great brush.

It's funny, this is my second one and I don't even have the first one shave ready. I was buying the two hones and threw in another razor as it was too hard to pass up at the price.

Just bought 4 packs of old DE blades (+-1960) at flea market. Opened one pack and the blades are mint! Seems to be really sharp. 3 packs are from Germany (Solingen) and one is from France. all packs are unopened and it was only 4 Eur.

Raphaël

This past Saturday SWMBO and I went to Round Top, TX for twice yearly antique market/flea market thing there. Believe me, you don't know fun until you have tromped around on a cow pasture after a big rain, stepping around cow pies looking at looking at someone else's old stuff.

I did purchase two Gillette Super Speeds from 1955, one a red tip, a Gillette from 1970 that has an aluminum handle and looks like some sort of reissue of an older model and a Eversharp Shick from the late 1940's.

All in all, a fine day because $23.00 purchased 4 razors and all cleaned up to be nice and shiny. Started using the 1970's reissue one (if that is what it is) and it shaves very well once I got used to the lighter weight.

Got What was in the box I shared last week back from Lynn,
View attachment 6814
View attachment 6815

My first Non Vintage DE When I saw it last week I had to get it already here from england and got some Swedish Gillette's with it.
View attachment 6816

British Tech NOS, It is hard to tell by the picture but the handle is thinner then the US one by almost half, a little shorter and a much nicer cut on the handle glistens more. the head is still wrapped in cello.
View attachment 6817
View attachment 6818

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
As stated before...Don Goes First Class...I think we could actually change his name from "Taz" to "Don Perignon"

I also picked these up at a Flea market it is an Unopened retailer pack. I do not know whether to but it on eBay keep it my self hole or open it up and display the boxes on top of one of the racks I am building in the Den. I am not a blade collector and not sure if it would draw a good price on eBay to make it worth selling. If I could get a decent amount I would sell, If not I would rather just display. Any Thoughts
The boxes inside are mint the outside cello actually as pictures of the boxes and that is what the marks and small tears are on.
View attachment 6827

View attachment 6828
This is an open one I had but with 10 blades this is whats in the boxes
View attachment 6829

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom