What's new

Essentially a Brush

In my ongoing tests with the brushes sent to me by Brian W. I used the 2006 Essential B&B brush.

It was another interesting morning since I used my VDH soap that I melted in an Old Spice cup, added some menthol and Royal Lime, and then let it solidify as my shaving soap. The soap, by the way, was awesome!

The brush was another good performer with getting the soap on the bristles and then giving me a good face lather. I had plenty for three passes and tons leftover in the brush.

It was a little scritchier than some other brushes that I've used recently but I still liked it. I don't know how broken in it is and wonder if more use would soften the tips a bit.

So I tried this brush out again today with my new MWF puck and it was, again, awesome.

I used essentially the same setup:

Pre-shave: The Shave Den Iced SubZero Preshave Balm
Soap: MWF
Razor: Feather AS
Blade: Astra SP (third day)
Astringent: Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel with some menthol added
ASB: Neutrogena Post Shave Lotion
ASL: Speick ASL (I know, Speicktember is done but I love this stuff)
ASB: Speick AS Milk with some menthol added

This brush is definitely on my short list. I think I'll be using the same brush and see how it does with a cream. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Nice brush! It should soften up some with use, but it is an excellent performer with soaps and creams. It also looks very good! :thumbup1:

I have one and find it to be a good, all-around performer. Don't know what brushes you have been using lately, but I do not consider mine to be scritchy. Perhaps mine has broken in after several years of use, but I don't ever recall thinking it scritchy. However, I am beginning to believe that softness is in the eye (skin) of the beholder when it comes to evaluating brushes.

so how does the shave den subzero preshave compare with proraso preshave?

i've been looking around the web for people to compare the two....came up empty.

Top Bottom