What's new

What do you think I should do with this brush ?

It's an Ever Ready, nylon in fair shape and I was thinking about re-knotting it in badger or boar.

Bottom says 300N, Nylon

thanks

Its your brush, go for it!

I think it would look great with a wide bloom of single-band badger. It would kind of mirror the two-tone handle, and really balance the look.

If you don't like the way the nylon works, reknot it with whatever you want. You could try a modern synthetic knot (TGN has them - soft and springy).

From experience, I can tell you if you choose to re-knot that brush be prepared for some work getting the nylon out.

I use a dremel and the nylon more or less melts as you try to get it out. Nylon bristle brushes were the worst ones for me when tearing out the old knot.

From experience, I can tell you if you choose to re-knot that brush be prepared for some work getting the nylon out.

I use a dremel and the nylon more or less melts as you try to get it out. Nylon bristle brushes were the worst ones for me when tearing out the old knot.

Thank you for the heads up, Joe.

Now I am having 2nd thoughts about this one. Maybe I will just shine it up and use it as is.

I woiuld go for it - getting out a difficult knot is more satisfying to me. I like the challenge. But - a few brushes have died along the way..... oh well. They were cheap enough and they helped me learn alot.

Again, with the available light, it looks pretty cool but ultimately you have to display it in your dimly lit den and only you can know how it looks when you accidentally turn on a bright light! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you tried it yet? If it works well with some of your favorite creams or soaps I'd say leave it as is. But I prefer leaving the vintage brushes as they are if they have a usable knot.

I tried it and it's very stickly, so I started drilling it out. Success so far, I am down about 1/4 inch into the handle.

It measures as 20mm so a TGN finest, 2 band is on order.

And no more than 3 small scars on my hands.:001_smile

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

Anywhere but B&B, that would be a dangerous question.

Those nylon bristles looked pretty stiff and harsh. Good luck with your restore!

Anywhere but B&B, that would be a dangerous question.

Those nylon bristles looked pretty stiff and harsh. Good luck with your restore!

Major league gentlemen's club here, well moderated.

Hey, who's the bouncer ? Lol, I think there needs to be a designated bouncer.

I just bought the identical brush from E-Bay. I am going to start to polish it today. I will decide on whether or not to re-knot later. I would like to see the finished product of luvmysuper
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom