What's new

Anyone ever try Alfred Sung - Sung Homme?? If so, what did you think?

I'm on my second bottle and I couldn't find anything on these boards regarding it. Was just curious if any of you out there have tried it, and what your impressions are?

I've read reviews on multiple sites that range from it smells like a woman's perfume, to it's one of the manliest scents ever created. :blink:

I've tried it. Now keep in mind that my opinion means squat because scent is so subjective. My impression of Sung Homme is that it's the worst fragrance I've ever tried. HOWEVER - I felt this way because my nose was just not able to interpret the scent, hard as it tried. I got a very synthetic blast of soapiness, kind of perfumey, right off the top. Then it settled down into a strange, kinda-green/kinda-buttery mish-mash in the middle, that just faded into what seemed like a ghostly vanilla in the end. I picked up my small bottle at Marshalls for $9 and promptly tossed it. To be honest, I'm kind of regretting it now. I probably should have given it more of a chance.

I actually like the original Sung for women. Occasionally when the mood strikes, I'll wear it, and I plan on keeping that bottle.

BTW Den, love your avatar. is that Gore-Tex?

I picked up my small bottle at Marshalls for $9 and promptly tossed it. To be honest, I'm kind of regretting it now. I probably should have given it more of a chance.

You also could have given it away on the contest/pif forum for the cost of shipping or charged a few bucks for it on b/s/t to put towards another scent.

I guarantee you that someone on B&B is always looking to try what you already have.

One persons trash is another persons treasure...

No truer words were ever spoken. Next time I'll save my fragrance fails and find them a better home.

Glad to hear that, I will be keeping an eye out for your sales and giveaways on the forums :lol:

Hope I didn't come across as a jerk, I just hate spending full price on something that I can't try before hand. I'm always scouring b/s/t for samples and used items and every time I list something as a pif or sell some samples on b/s/t they get snatched up lightening fast so I know I'm not alone on this. :thumbup1:

If it's in the purple blueish bottle, I wore it in the early 90's or late 80's. It was a pleasant enough scent. I wish I could remember the basenotes.

Glad to hear that, I will be keeping an eye out for your sales and giveaways on the forums :lol:

Hope I didn't come across as a jerk, I just hate spending full price on something that I can't try before hand. I'm always scouring b/s/t for samples and used items and every time I list something as a pif or sell some samples on b/s/t they get snatched up lightening fast so I know I'm not alone on this. :thumbup1:

Nah all in good fun :biggrin1:

thing is, I never toss fragrances. the only two that I found truly abhorrent were Sung Homme and Halston Z-14. Ironically, I got them at the same time, and both were just hideous to me. Z-14 I could at least understand - I recognized the concept behind that scent, and could appreciate the effort, although not the end result. but Sung Homme actually made me a little queasy. my expectations may have been too high, seeing as I had the original Sung for a while beforehand, and really liked that one (it's not great, but has a very strong, somewhat-synthetic floral vibe that I find kinda cool). the men's version was a let-down.

it is interesting how differently people perceive scent. although I really doubt I'll ever "get" Sung Homme, I can see how it would fit in a wardrobe. it's definitely unusual.

My wife loves Alfred Sung perfumes. So as a side effect I've gotten Sung Homme, Paradise for Men and Hei as gifts.
Unfortunately Sung is one of the two (the other being Mugler's Angel) women's perfumes I can't stand.
Sung Homme is a cologne that I have trouble in picking out the base notes. I get the citrus, and a touch of the galbanum in a slightly synthetic opening. The middle on me is floral and soapy lavender with some pepper. The base notes seem like an aromatic jumble. I think I can identify moss and musk.
Sung Homme seems to be skin sensitive from other reviews I've read. It's a sillage monster and lasts a long time. It's not one of my favorites and I wear it for my wife but I have to admit that I've gotten several compliments from women. Of course the women have all been middle-aged or older. :lol:

It's a sillage monster and lasts a long time. It's not one of my favorites..

You're right! A little does go a long way. My first bottle was a gift and when I ran out I never replaced it. One day my wife noticed a bottle on sale somewhere and picked one up. She liked the first bottle alot, but she's on the fence about this one. So am I actually. There's no difference in scent from the 1st and 2nd bottle, just seemed better the first time. Some days I like this scent, and others not so much. I can't bring myself to throw it out or give it away though.

Top Bottom