What's new

Sticky fingers when skin stretching

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Have a block of alum handy. Wipe your fingers with it between passes before you stretch. It usually dries out the fingers quickly for a good grip

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I usually have a towel warped around me as I'm coming out of the shower so I dry my fingers and it's fine!

Stretching is just a term. You don't really need to stretch your skin. A more accurate term would be skin holding. You just need to hold your skin in place so the blade does not distort your skin during the stroke. With this in mind you just have to have a little more fingertip pressure than blade pressure. If you need to use a lot of finger pressure for stretching you may be using too much pressure on the razor or your blade may be in need of honing.

Alum is great for this, just wipe your fingers over the block & you will have nice traction on the skin, even if there is some lather residue.

I have a deodorant stick that is a type of alum, that I use to keep my fingers sticky, if needed, as well as for a deodorant. Razorroc is also quite good and I think they are one of our supporting vendors.

Top Bottom