What's new

Applying AS

Today was my first day using Mama Bear's Spellbound Woods shaving soap and I'm surprised how long the scent lasts. I like it, but wonder how that might impact applying an AS that might also have a scent. Could the combination create something unbearable? Today I only used the Body Shop's Razor Relief (sample) which doesn't have a scent.

I'm wondering if anyone would like to share if you take into consideration how strong the scent of your shave soap is when you decide what AS to use? If you use a strong scented soap, do you use a non-scented AS? Maybe it doesn't matter.

I think a lot of people tend to mix and match soaps and creams and coordinate them with whatever AS they're going to use.

You wouldn't want things to clash, though I can't imagine that it would be too terrible if you mixed stuff up

That makes sense. I'm surprised that even at the end of the day, I occasionally get a whiff of the Mama Bear scent. I would hate to mix something that would result in a fire or small face explosion. LOL!

Honestly, even with as potent as some of Mama's scents are, I've never had a soap or cream last very long after my face rinse. I may get a risidual fragrance for a few minutes, but beyond that I've never had an issue.

Any soap or AS balm fragrances I have used rarely last long and do not clash with any colognes I intend to use. However, some AS splash fragrances can last a while.

That's good to hear. I just couldn't imagine trying to coordinate soap/cream, AS/AB, and possibly my cologne (when I use it). I may have to pick up a more mild soap or cream to go with a stronger AS. Since some of these products can last such a long time, I wished that they came in smaller sizes so I can use them up more quickly and then get the chance to try something else. I'm usually a creature of habit and now trying to get away from that and add some variety to my morning routine.

I apply aftershave in one of those full body rigs like what Bill Cosby used in Leonard Part Six so there's no soap that can stand up to that.:biggrin1:

Seriously, I don't find that most of my cream/soap fragrances linger long enough to impact my aftershave choice.

I usually try to match things up if possible. Or at least go with something that I feel matches good enough. No real reason other than I like to rotate my stock, and this is the easiest way to enjoy everything without getting sick of it.

I've got a few creams/soaps and their counterpart AS/ASB...such as Speick cream and Speick ASB. I normally use them together...

Top Bottom