What's new

New Razor Purchase

Ok gents, I just bought my first Stahly Live Blade! I can't wait for it to arrive so I can try it out! I will let you guys know what I think of it. I've heard that the Stahly head is fantastic, even on other handles.

It's actually kind of fun. I had to wind up before each pass, but the effect is kind of soothing to the face. The head is awesome, certainly. The only objectionable parts are: 1) it can be a bit slippery sometimes, or maybe I tend to hold the thing so firmly that my fingers ache a bit afterwards, and 2) my razor hand gets kind of tingly afterwards. Other than that, it gives pretty good shaves. Can't wait to hear your impressions.
-- Chet

Well it arrived today, but it looks like I won't be shaving with it. The head is torqued out of alignment, and the handle doesn't vibrate. Oh well, I guess it will be fun to see if I can get it working again.

Ok gents, I just bought my first Stahly Live Blade! I can't wait for it to arrive so I can try it out! I will let you guys know what I think of it. I've heard that the Stahly head is fantastic, even on other handles.
+1 on that ... I'm using a Stahly head on cooncatbob's Bull Mastiff handle, and the shave I get with it is fantastic!

The design of the Stahly head includes opposing springs, so it gives the blade a little bounce during blade buffing. I imagine it is even more pronounced with the vibrating handle.

When I bought my Stahly, the wind-up motor was broken. I knew this in advance, but all I wanted was the head. And I got my money's worth out of it.

I managed to straighten the head, and it looks pretty good. The blade gap seems to be even. I will give it a try in the next day or two and see how it does. I disassembled the handle and found the problem. It should be fixable, I'm just trying to figure out how to do it properly. The vibrating mechanism is fine, the problem is in the spring winding part. There is a little catch that ratchets against some teeth, and the catch has a spring behind it to keep it pressed into the teeth. That little spring is all messed up. Hopefully I will have the handle back up and running in a few days. :)

Top Bottom