What's new

iPhone users. How to upload pics off phone for thread?

Hi. iPhone help needed. How do I post pics from my iPhone to a thread here at B&B? Thanks

Pics in a thread need to be hosted somewhere. I'm not aware of a way to directly do that from your iPhone to a hosting service, though with a .mac account you may be able to. So your best bet is to find an app that will allow you to upload photos directly from your phone. I know the free facebook app will allow you to do that, but I don't think facebook photos can be hosted like you need. But I'm sure there are other apps that can do that.

Gents, I wish I could help you but I don't have an Iphone. There must be an app for photo hosting among the thousand apps available. If you find one, you are golden.

I just email them to myself and then upload them to photobucket. Makes it easy to upload SOTD while at work :thumbup:

Assuming you are using windows, when you connect the iphone via the usb cable, it shows up as a device in the "Computer" window. You can browse it to see the photos - look for the DCIM folder. Do a copy/paste to move them onto your hard drive. From there you are on your own getting them into a thread.

Lou

Legion

Staff member
I use the Photobucket app. You use this to transfer the images from your phone to Photobucket, which give it a IMG code, which can be cut and pasted here.

While you can upload a file from your computer as an attachment to your post, you can't do it from an iPhone using the Safari browser. The button for that is disabled.

Top Bottom