What's new

Recommend an Aftershave for me

I strongly recommend Santa Maria Novella aftershave. It really is amazing (see reviews). It contains olive oil and castor oil, amongst a lot of other good things. I have the melograno scent which is good; a quiet, subtle, manly aroma that no-one will recognise. When you rub the liquid between your palms you really feel the moisturising effects.

Edit.

I wrote and posted this then saw your price range. SMN will be above your range (here in NZ the AS cost me $100) but I'm now looking at my other ASes and contemplating putting them on BST - I've found the AS for me!

WOW! :w00t: That's almost double the price of it in the U.S.

- Real Shaving Company ASB

- L'Oreal Max ASB

I too have dry skin and have to deal with a Minneapolis like winter (Montreal)

I like GFT's skin food.

I ordered the Trumpers sampler from the link in the shopping and deals forum. It includes two varieties of their skin food I believe.

I also ordered the Speick Balm. I was ordering some blank DVDs from Amazon and needed another $12 to get the free shipping. Couldn't find anything better that I needed shaving-wise, so I decided to try it.

Probably going to try the CO Bigelow 1200 Balm and then the Muhle/EJ Aloe or Sea Buckthorn next. I wish I knew what the Sea Buckthorn smelled like first, haven't had the pleasure of trying any of it yet.

Thanks for all the replies and recommendations.

The CO Bigelow line is great, inexpensive (about $10 retail, less on sale) and works great. Personally, I'm a fan of the Blue. The AoS balm is my current favorite, but more expensive. Its a lot thicker, comes with a spritz dispenser, and a little goes a long way. If you really need moisturizing, the AoS is what I would recommend.

I wish I knew what the Sea Buckthorn smelled like first, haven't had the pleasure of trying any of it yet.

It smells predominately of citrus, but there's some underlying woodsy-ness too. I'm not great at describing scents, unfortunately, but it's one of the few soaps I bought blindly and love it. My brother describes the aftershave as smelling of Creamsicle, so there's that :laugh:

My personal favorite is Pre de Provence aftershave balm with shea butter..it has a most amazing scent (not over the top) and leaves my skin feeling fantistic...very moist and no irritation. There are a lot a great aftershaves and suggestions here...Castle Forbes is also incredible if you can stand the heat (around $50 USD). I really recommend avoiding anything with alcohol base as it tends to dry out your skin and burn like hell to boot:w00t:

Top Bottom