What's new

How similar is the shave of the HD vs. LD Rocket?

I'm so disappointed right now: the (presumed) HD Rocket I was eagerly waiting for turned out to be an LD "paperclip". Because it was stamped pat. pending, I asked prior to bidding if it was aluminum or nickel plated brass and the reply was "I'm pretty sure it's not aluminum" (from the picture it was hard to tell). :cursing:

It's in very good condition (must have seen very little use) and I know it's rarer but that doesn't matter to me. I was just wanting to compare the shave of an HD to my other razors.

So my main question is, does the LD shave anywhere similarly as the HD? And if not, what are the differences?

I'm 99% sure I'll be putting this up for sale but I don't know if I even want to try shaving with it first. It is so lightweight.

I shaved with the LD and it seemed too mild for me and off it went to B/S/T.

Don't know how many of you here have actually shaved with both an HD and LD Rocket. But if the HD is anywhere like the LD in mildness, it has just been deleted from my must-have list.

I've never tried an LD. I do have an Aristocrat Jr. and an HD. I found the Aristocrat Jr. to be slightly more aggressive than the HD.

I've never tried an LD. I do have an Aristocrat Jr. and an HD. I found the Aristocrat Jr. to be slightly more aggressive than the HD.

The Junior Aristocrat is near perfect for me in terms of aggressiveness with the right blade. :thumbup1:

Now that I think of it, it must be kind of misleading to talk of the LD as "the lightweight version" of the HD. I mean, even the head is different because in the Paperclip the baseplate is made of aluminum - so that not even the weight of the head is the same.

As I have no HD to compare the LD to, I can't say if the head geometry (safety guards, blade angle etc.) is the same. What I can say is that the LD would be a perfect shaver for someone with sensitive skin - but I already have my Tech and like it better.

+1

I have to say that my HD has become my everyday razor, so much so that other than trying to get a vintage slant I have no RAD anymore.

It's unlikely I will ever sell my double & single ring but everything else might as well go on the bay for the use they get since I picked up the HD.

Top Bottom