What's new

Straight Razor Designs?

They're the ones that are affiliated with SRP forums (IE Lynn's shop) aren't they? I've not dealt with them personally, but they are a pretty popular place to buy some things (I think they have some of the best prices on some synth hones and probably other stuff as well).

They're the ones that are affiliated with SRP forums (IE Lynn's shop) aren't they? I've not dealt with them personally, but they are a pretty popular place to buy some things (I think they have some of the best prices on some synth hones and probably other stuff as well).

Yes it is.
Lynn is the self-proclaimed "Chief Honemeister" of the world.
Have not dealt with them personally.

I have bought from them with no problems. I think if you are in the area, you can swing by and pick up stuff.

Just shoot them an e-mail or call them.

btw, Lynn is no longer in Ohio.

I've also purchased from them and been pleased with the products and service.

Lynn is the self-proclaimed "Chief Honemeister" of the world

I don't think it's so much "self-proclaimed" as proclaimed by the thousands of happy straight shavers who have had a blade honed by him. He has probably honed more straights than anyone else alive.

I've bought from them many times as well. Don actually runs the retail end of things I believe. He is responsive to emails and the shipping price is fair. They have some of the best prices on DR Harris around.

While SRD is run by Lynn and Don, it is not an SRP Affiliate, they both have the same founders, and similar names, but they are no more linked to eachother than B&B is to Classic Shaving (to my knowledge... Does B&B have a deal with Classic? I could use a price cut :lol:)

Yes it is.
Lynn is the self-proclaimed "Chief Honemeister" of the world.
Have not dealt with them personally.

Sounds kind of derogatory there... Self proclaimed he is not, You've indicated that you've never dealt with them, try getting a razor honed by Lynn, you'll see. He really is one of the best there is.

I don't think it's so much "self-proclaimed" as proclaimed by the thousands of happy straight shavers who have had a blade honed by him. He has probably honed more straights than anyone else alive.

This ^ I believe he's around 30,000+ honed...

As for Straight Razor Designs, I've bought a LOT of stuff from them, strops, a razor or two, soaps, It's all top notch stuff. Their line of "premium" strops are simply fantastic, especially the Premium I and IV.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Sounds kind of derogatory there... Self proclaimed he is not, You've indicated that you've never dealt with them, try getting a razor honed by Lynn, you'll see. He really is one of the best there is.

Well, this isn't the time & thread, but he is the runner of SRP & right under his screen-name is "Chief Honemeister"
That is self-proclamation, no?

I have no doubt that he is a great honer with a solid reputation to back it up.
But since he usually finishes on diamond pastes, his honing isn't an alternative for me.

I had the pleasure of dealing with Don and Lynn while ordering stuff from SRD, and got excellent customer service in addition to fair prices. I got the kind of one-on-one customer service that you don't get at any online outfit. Highly recommended!

Top Bottom