What's new

Dense Speick lather.

T

TreeHugger

Before a second pass today using Speick, I noticed that my skin still had trace amounts of Speick left over. I just used a touch of water and kind of massaged the leftover Speick onto my skin. It created a real dense cover, not sure how to describe it but it felt very close to my skin as it was massaged in and not just sitting on top. It felt like a moisturizer, but rather than being clear, you could still see it.

I thought I liked real slick slimy lathers, but it seems this dense cream is more gentle on the skin. Anyone use Speick with very little to no water? I may be new at this, but it seems like whipping the Speick up into a lather almost defeats the purpose of this "cream"... please share your experience.

You might check out some of the Speick comments in the Shave of the Month thread here.

I think with most creams and soaps, there's sometimes too much emphasis on making the lather so "fluffy" or merangue like that perhaps too much air is whipped into it. I like the description someone used that their lather is the consistency of yogurt, much wetter than is often described. I often dip my fingers in water and spread lather around my face as you have described. It provides plenty of moisture, and enough slickness and cushion, but not so much that you feel like you need a snow shovel to get through it. And as you've described so well, it does feel like the cream is really making complete contact with your face.

Top Bottom