What's new

I Have Some New Straights (Pic Heavy)

SWMBO and I made our semi-annual trek to the big antiques fair in Warrenton, Round Top and Carmine, Texas this weekend. She found a old box with "a pretty picture" on it. She opened it and gave her best "get over here now" look.

I am happy to report my greatest score yet at this event: a collection of 24 straights. Thank you SWMBO!! :001_wub:

The set includes:

Thiers Issard Spartacus
Dubl Duck Goldedge
Filarmonica No. 12
C-Mon Blackie
C-Mon Goldie
C-Mon HF
Otto Deutsch Hans
Fontana No. 38
Rudolph Schmidt No. 100

One or two of these blades may be lost to the world, but most are in excellent to near mint condition. The collection was very well maintained. Most of what you see as an orange or red discoloration is the oil that was used to protect the blades.

Needless to say, I’m quite thrilled.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

I also found these elsewhere at the fair:

Friederich Schlemper Focus No. 50
George Wostenholm frameback
Heljestrand MK 23
J.R. Torrey with barber's notch
unknown frameback this razor has been identified as a Wostenholm thanks to my B&B bretheren.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow what a find. You need to play the lottery! Man I would have fallen over if I opened that box. I don't even want o know how much they cost. I'm already green with envy. Congratulations

Harry, you have hit the motherlode. You only dream that something like that might happen. What a group of straights. Someone certainly knew a quality straight and put together a great collection.

What a find. Well done to you and SWMBO.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Very nice score! If you want to post, how much did a score like that cost?

Holy crap, that is absolutly amazing! So many excellent excellent razors there. So...will you be planning on selling any of them? I have a feeling that quite a lot of people here would be most interested in a few of them...(including me!)

Holy crap, that is absolutly amazing! So many excellent excellent razors there. So...will you be planning on selling any of them? I have a feeling that quite a lot of people here would be most interested in a few of them...(including me!)

I'll keep most, and probably sell the ones which are duplicates of what I already have in my collection.

You're killing me.... what a haul - you must be thrilled. To find a collection that was well maintained like that is pretty darn rare.

Top Bottom