What's new

Are Dorco 301's Platinum or Stainless?

I have a pack of the Dorco 301s, they are in the plastic case, have the cover that says 301 platinum, but the wrappers are yellow and white and say "stainless" also, the blade itself says "stainless" on it. Did I get a pack of 301's with 300's inside??:glare:

Lots of platinum blades just say Stainless Steel on them, platinum just refers to the coating on the blades. Have no worries.

Over at superiorshave.com it states they are the same (301 and 300) except for the packaging. Jarrod knows his stuff. Hope this helps.:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Perhaps I can be of Assistance.

The st301 and the st300 are both platinum. The only difference is how they are honed and packaging. St301 are the newer version of double edge blades from dorco. Dorco still makes both blades but for different markets. St300 are mainly focused for barbershops for those clean ups on hair. St301 are more shaving faces.

Hope that helps!
David

Perhaps I can be of Assistance.

The st301 and the st300 are both platinum. The only difference is how they are honed and packaging. St301 are the newer version of double edge blades from dorco. Dorco still makes both blades but for different markets. St300 are mainly focused for barbershops for those clean ups on hair. St301 are more shaving faces.

Hope that helps!
David

Thanks for the information, Dark!

Lots of platinum blades just say Stainless Steel on them, platinum just refers to the coating on the blades. Have no worries.

+1

A blade is not either platinum, or stainless. The two terms are not mutually exclusive. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Nearly all blades sold today are made of stainless steel.

The blade usually has some additional coatings on it, be it platinum, or PTFE (Teflon), or something else.

+1. Tried these in a SS and my Merkur HD and they worked very well. Not sure about longevity but can't complain about the shaves from them in either razor.

Longevity? Well normally I get 3 good shaves from a blade, normally Israeli Personnas or Derbys. With Dorco ST301s I get four good shaves. Shave number 5 feels slightly less smooth, but at £0.14 a blade, who cares?

Top Bottom