What's new

Toothpaste without sorbitol

Not the tube that I have. My teeth just don't feel as squeaky clean as they do with "normal" toothpaste. I'm happy with the lack of aftertaste in Tom's just hoping to find something that leaves me feeling cleaner.
If I understand correctly the sorbitol is only a sweetener and shouldn't be contributing to the cleaning.
That 'squeaky clean' feeling is actual a coating of sorbitol in your mouth (thus why you only get it when you use toothpastes that contain sorbitol). Sorbitol is not just used as a sweetener in toothpastes it is used as a thickening agent, which is why so many toothpastes contain it even those that claim to be 'more' natural.

P

pdillon

My dentist told me that a recent issue of the Journal of Modern Dentistry had a publication about the benefits of liquid calcium, which is an ingredient in the new reformulation of Arm & Hammer Complete Care. I have been using this toothpaste and I love it. If you like baking soda, you might consider this. From what I can tell (Googling it) it doesn't have sorbitol, but that might be the old formula.

That 'squeaky clean' feeling is actual a coating of sorbitol in your mouth (thus why you only get it when you use toothpastes that contain sorbitol). Sorbitol is not just used as a sweetener in toothpastes it is used as a thickening agent, which is why so many toothpastes contain it even those that claim to be 'more' natural.

Sorbitol isn't natural? It occurs in nature, that I know. The sorbitol used in toothpaste is probably processed--but so are virtually all the other "natural" ingredients. It may also be manufactured from corn syrup as I understand it.

I get really confused over the labeling of products/ingredients as "natural". I'd prefer lightly or highly processed.

BTW, I like the sugar alcohols.

I recently discovered Pepsodent,and most all American toothpastes,contain formaldehyde.They keep the % just under the limit by which they would be required to divulge it..

I like both the Jason toothpaste and the ecodent powder. In fact, for the past 6 months or so I've used exclusively ecodent anise flavored powder. I love it.

vademugum made for the swedish king, natural snd no flouride
marvis hasxone of thrirs that is withoutcsorbitol
I like the sorbitol. Helps me be regular lol
Nice dad jim

Actually the Flouride Free version of Vademecum, made in USA, does contain sorbitol. Hard to find in stores as it is discontinued. You can buy European Vademecum from some of the Vendors here, some versions do not contain Sorbitol but you'd have to ask which (I know the Express White does not)

Top Bottom