Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toothpaste without sorbitol

Default Toothpaste without sorbitol

I absolutely hate the taste of sorbitol, which seems to be in just about every "regular" toothpaste out there. I have tried a couple of natural toothpastes (Tom's and Burt's Bees) and wasn't impressed with how well they worked.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions for toothpaste without sorbitol?

You can try toothpastes with xylitol, but I'm not sure the taste will be any better.

There are two that I like that do not contain it. One is Squigle (Blue box with fluoride). It has 36% Xylitol, water, silica, glycerin, poloxamer, cellulose gum, mint flavor(not strong), anatase, methocel, glycyrrhizin, sodium hydroxide. I get that through the dermstorm on-line because of the free shipping but they require a purchase of two tubes.

The other is a toothpowder from Eco-Dent. Original mint flavor is the one I like but they have others. http://www.eco-dent.com/

I use Jason Natural toothpaste with fluoride and xylitol, and it does not contain sorbitol. I don't know if all Jason toothpaste are sorbitol free, but I think most are.

Awesome. Thanks so much for the tips. I'll have to cruise the local "health food" stores, looking for some of those. If that doesn't work out, I'll start surfing the web.
    Glad to hear anymore tips anyone else may have!

You got to be careful with Sorbitol as manifacturer often put it in candies, cough syrup, etc. It can give you the runs if taken in a large quantity...
    Cheers, Luc - My Gear(Wiki) - Have a question, PM a mod. That's why we're here!

Does Tom's have sorbitol in it?
    Randall, member of BOTOC

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    Does Tom's have sorbitol in it?
    Not the tube that I have. My teeth just don't feel as squeaky clean as they do with "normal" toothpaste. I'm happy with the lack of aftertaste in Tom's just hoping to find something that leaves me feeling cleaner.
    If I understand correctly the sorbitol is only a sweetener and shouldn't be contributing to the cleaning.

Also Now Foods, XyliWhite Toothpaste Gel does not contain sorbitol (contains generous amount of xylitol).

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RazoRock View Post
    Try Green Beaver, I love it.
    Don't bother... Green Beaver toothpastes have sorbitol.

I feel so dumb, as i have never heard of the stuff. Thanks for highlighting this.

vademugum made for the swedish king, natural snd no flouride
    marvis hasxone of thrirs that is withoutcsorbitol
    I like the sorbitol. Helps me be regular lol
    Nice dad jim

Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil & Neem toothpaste is my favourite of all time. It has a nice wintergreen flavour and no artificial sweeteners.

The Dessert Essence Tea Tree Oil mouthwash is also the best one I've ever tried. It is so smooth and fresh compared to caustics like Listerine. The spearmint flavour matches the above toothpaste.

Also, since they don't have added synthetic flavours, the sickly "just brushed your teeth" aftertaste doesn't last forever.

I'll use these products for as long as they are on the market; I'll never touch Colgate and the other mainstream brands again. They are full of SLS and other junk that should not be ingested.

They also don't have fluoride; I don't know if that's a requirement for you, but I'm happy enough without it.

Lightbulb Why you try this one - Soladey toothbrush without toothpaste?

Quote Originally Posted by KDGage View Post
    I absolutely hate the taste of sorbitol, which seems to be in just about every "regular" toothpaste out there. I have tried a couple of natural toothpastes (Tom's and Burt's Bees) and wasn't impressed with how well they worked.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions for toothpaste without sorbitol?
    My family are using Soladey toothbrush for a while. Our dentists say our teeth are healthy and clean. You don't need to use toothpaste when you use Soladey toothbrush to clean your teeth. It only needs water and light. I am from Australia. You can get them and replacement heads from http://www.bingssafesolutions.com.au...brush-p42.html. The toothbrush handle lasts for a life time.

Images

What about tooth soap?

i've used hydrogen peroxide, as well as baking soda.....(but not at the same time). I also found toothpaste powder on ebay.

I love Jason's toothpaste. It's amazing!
    Muhle R41+Feather | Mike's Orange & Bay Rum, MWF, DR Harris Arlington, AOS Sandalwood

Ecodent toothpowders don't contain sorbitol.
    I love the smell of Arko in the morning.