What's new

Razor for women

So I "borrowed" the kit I got for the bf and used it last night and now I'm looking for a razor for myself. :biggrin: No nicks or irritation with the HD, Merkur blade, so wondering if an HD classic or the upcoming long handled HD would work for me. I'm not keen on buying a razor just because it says Venus in the name or comes in pink, rather get one that works well, does what I want.

Gillette used to make a long-handled "ladies" model. Of course, I think handle length will have less of an effect on the shave than technique will. Use whatever feels comfortable to you.

So I "borrowed" the kit I got for the bf and used it last night and now I'm looking for a razor for myself. :biggrin: No nicks or irritation with the HD, Merkur blade, so wondering if an HD classic or the upcoming long handled HD would work for me. I'm not keen on buying a razor just because it says Venus in the name or comes in pink, rather get one that works well, does what I want.

It's a "no-brainer" -- Eversharp-Schick made a series of razors between 1962-1968, called the "Lady Eversharp Beauty Razor"; the nicest models came in pink, turquoise, and white, with glitter embedded in the long handle. They use standard single-edge injector blades, open (with blade in-place!) safely for between-shave cleaning, and are gorgeous. I've attached two photos of the trio, front and back, below; breath-taking, aren't they? And I have all three (these are mine)...

By the way; these razors don't just look good, they also work well. Among my weekly rotation-of-razors, I have three "early" Schick injector razors: a late 1930s E3, a 1949 G4 (known as the "66", 'cuz it sold for 66-cents), and an early-1950s G6), and those "Lady Eversharp's" (Model K2, to be precise) shave as well as any "male" Schick injector razor.

Here's a picture of a Lady Gillete DE. I just bought one for my wife. They come up on Ebay a lot and go for $18-$20.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
It may be hard to maintain the proper angle along the entire length of your legs with a DE. With an injector, it's a no-brainer. Just lay the flat part against your skin and have at it.

It may be hard to maintain the proper angle along the entire length of your legs with a DE. With an injector, it's a no-brainer. Just lay the flat part against your skin and have at it.

What kind of blades is she using? Are you cutting down Feathers or just whatever you can purchase at the local drug store?

Hindmost, by the way, kudos for trying out the BF's new razor. When he joins the forum we won't tell him his "new" Merkur is really "used". :wink:

Leisureguy sold me a Lady Gillette for a good price so I'll be trying that out next. grb- The key words are "test drive" :biggrin: Want to make sure his intro to wetshaving was free of potential problems...

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
What kind of blades is she using? Are you cutting down Feathers or just whatever you can purchase at the local drug store?

I can get the Schick injector blades locally. They're much better than the Personna/generic.

Congrats with the switch! What country are you in? In the US a lot of companies offer free shipping but in Canada, best to stick to companies locally 'cause of the shipping cost!!

Welcome

I got a Blue Star Lady Gillette for my wife. she was a little reluctant at first, but now she loves it. She gets the smoothest irritation free shaves she has ever gotten in her life and has no problems at all. Likes it almost as much as she does my brushes and creams. You have already made the leap, so it will be no problem. Good luck:biggrin:

I, like Mike, gave one of the Lady Stars to my wife. She will not give it up now. She was a little nevous at first but once she started using it, she like most of us has dropped her time and has been getting the best shaves she ever had. She had a problem with razor bumps around the bikini line and she now does not suffer from that either.
I did have to hide my silver tip though....:biggrin:

Top Bottom