What's new

Would you buy me some Witch Hazel?

Hi there!
I don't know where to put this one, already got one in the B/S/T forum with 0 results...
They don't sell any Witch Hazel here in Norway, so I wondered if any of you gentlemen could be so kind as to buy one for me, and ship it to me? I'll pay all the expenses ofcourse. :thumbup1:
And if you want/are able to buy me some Tabac for Tabactober aswell I'd be extremely happy! :w00t:

And maybe you could reccomend me a good soothing ASB aswell? :001_smile

Feel free to post here or PM me.

Haakon

Hi there Haakon,

I'd be happy to help you, but I just did a quick check on postage to norway and it came in at about AUS $25 to send a AUS $5 product, so I don't think I'd be the best candidate. Best of luck though, I know how hard it can be to track down products.

Thanks for the links guys! Will check them out an order from them. :)

So, what's best? Alcohol or Non Alcohol?

iherb is a good option :001_smile
+1
I have ordered from them & they sent the alcohol lemon WH without any problems.
Fast & friendly service & fast shipping.

If you want a soothing balm, try Jason's all natural. Got it from I-herb too, good price & an excellent product IMO.

As for alcohol vs. non-alcohol WH I don't know, I have only tried the one with, but it's rather low percentage, doesn't sting at all like your regular splash.
So I don't know how much it affect the final results.
But there is probably a few American members that know a whole lot more about WH that can chime in.

I prefer the alcohol free one, very soothing indeed!

I also get the unscented version so I can get a hint of my shave soap scent for a bit longer.

+1
I have ordered from them & they sent the alcohol lemon WH without any problems. Fast & friendly service & fast shipping. If you want a soothing balm, try Jason's all natural. Got it from I-herb too, good price & an excellent product IMO.

If you place your first order with them, use my email as a referral code:

[email protected]

You will get a 5 usd discount.

Last edited:
FWIW, I just bought a bottle of Thayer's Peach. not noticing that it was not alcohol free.

I used it anyway and it does not sting at all. I think it is 10% but the label is a chore to decipher. I love the fragrance and it feels no different than the non alcoholic. Maybe my shave technique is getting better :001_smile

The alcohol doesn't lie. :lol: Your shaves must be getting better like you said. Some days the alcohol doesn't bother me at all, and on other days, when i think I had a great shave....my face feels like it's on fire. The alcohol is really my only indicator. Unless there's blood, but that's another topic.

Last edited:
FWIW, I just bought a bottle of Thayer's Peach. not noticing that it was not alcohol free.

I used it anyway and it does not sting at all. I think it is 10% but the label is a chore to decipher. I love the fragrance and it feels no different than the non alcoholic. Maybe my shave technique is getting better :001_smile

Most witch hazel is really light on the alcohol -- ~14% is standard. Way, way less than, say, a bay rum. My WH barely stings at the worst of times, wheras my normal A/S always burns at least a little.

Most witch hazel is really light on the alcohol -- ~14% is standard. Way, way less than, say, a bay rum. My WH barely stings at the worst of times, wheras my normal A/S always burns at least a little.

True, I personally don't understand how the low alcohol content can be a problem unless you have visibly cut yourself (and even then it's bearable) or you have extremely dry skin. Alum stings more but I have no problem with alum either.

Top Bottom