What's new

Any thoughts on these razors? [TOYO - "T. The Schöen Burg" made in Tokyo]

Saw these over at Rasurpur and was intrigued. Any thoughts, guys?

NEW - TOYO - "T. The Schöen Burg" made in Tokyo
These Japanese straight razors are New Old Stock (NOS) directly from Japan and are not produced any more. It seems they have been made for Export. They are extremely rare and are highly priced in Japan. They all shave extremely well and will please both the collector and straight razor shaver.

6/8 T. The Schöen Burg - Real German Hollow Ground

proxy.php

6/8 Most Reliable Razor - T. The Schöen Burg - Best Extra Hollow Ground

proxy.php

Beautiful blades.German ground made in Tokyo makes me chuckle.I assume they were made by a German guy who lives in Tokyo.The scales don't do the blades justice, they look like inexpensive plastic.

If Martin is selling these and endorsing them, I would bet they will shave just great. :001_smile

The one that intrigued me is the frame back: 6/8 Frameback "T. The Schöen Burg - Special made for Barber", but at E189 it is more than I like to spend.

Last edited:
I had a 776 and got rid of it too quickly. I have a 777 in the mail. These are really great hollow ground razors, I think somewhat comparable to Hayashi Diamonds but to be fair I haven't tried one ( a hollow hayashi diamond though I think they are both Swedish steel worked in Japan) so really have no basis for comparison. They are singing hollows and very nice shavers.

Top Bottom