What's new

Decanting Aqua Velva into Glass

Has anyone successfully decanted the new plastic AV product into an old classic glass bottle? I have the perfect funnel for doing it and just tried it . . but the little hole is just too small and the process just takes way too long. The stuff just slowly trickles into the new bottle. I'm afraid I'm just going to have to get used to the plastic like I did with Mennen Skin Bracer.

Pull out the nozzle just a hair. Not completely out, just enough so air gets in through the side. Again, ever so slightly. It should go from a drip, to pouring.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Had that problem myself with decants (LV from plastic to glass).

The problem is never getting the stuff out of the plastic, it is getting it into the glass.

Go to Bed, Bath & Beyond and pick up a Condiment Squeeze bottle.
Pour the plastic bottle into the squeeze bottle, and insert the tip of the squeeze bottle into the glass recipient bottle and squeeze it in.

Last edited:
I would invert the plastic bottle over my funnel and then with a cordless drill and the smallest drill bit I had, and drill a small hole in the bottom of the bottle. :tongue_sm

I taped on a larger funnel to my glass bottle using electrical tape. Then set the plastic bottle inverted in the funnel, proped the whole thing up and left it for about an hour. Seemed to work. Though I wonder how much alcohol evaporated out...

The condiment thing looks interesting, much better than using pipetts.

I'm just glad to hear that I'm not the only one saving and reusing glass bottles.
I HATE plastic!

From my experience, I think the condiment bottle idea in an earlier post is the best suggestion by far! :thumbup1:

you can't jam the funnel all the way in, it won't pour for some reason. weird. I decanted my VEG into an old AV Ice Blue bottle..

Problem is a lack of venting. If you can get a funnel device with a small enough neck, hold it in place along with a hypodermic needle at the same time. The needle will allow air to vent back out speeding up the process.

I use the same thing I use to refill my fountain pen carts.

30 ml hypo with a #18 blunt irrigation needle

proxy.php

Top Bottom