What's new

Penhaligon's Sartorial?

I read on Basenotes that Penhaligon's will release a new men's fragrance "inspired by the scents of the workroom at Norton & Sons, Bespoke Tailors at No. 16 Savile Row"

I know some people on Basenotes have an early preview of this scent. Has anyone here on B&B tried this scent? Opinions?

Top notes include: Aldehydes, Ozonic Effect, Metallic Effect, Violet Leaf, Neroli, Cardamom, Black Pepper, Fresh Ginger; the heart contains Beeswax, Cyclamen, Linden Blossom, Lavender, Leather. Finally, the dry down features Gurgum Wood, Patchouli, Myrrh, Cedarwood, Tonka Bean, Oakmoss, White Musk, Honey Effect, Old Wood Effect, Vanilla, Amber.

I haven't had the chance to sample, and usually marketing ploys bug me, but this one sounds very interesting!

Was Pen's taken over by a larger company recently? They seem to be getting more like Creed every day!

Basenote had it at Oct 11th for a UK release. I don't how long it typically takes for a fragrance to reach our shores once it's been released in the UK

Also, I misspelled the name in the title, it's "Sartorial"

Trend notes. Bah.

I'd like to avoid smelling like a machine shop.

I think I must have missed something?! Can you flesh that out a bit for the slower readers?

I do not see a reference to machine shop like notes, but think of K10 as being a bit that way, and I sort of like the idea.

It's new and it's a Pens. Developed by Bertrand Duchaufour - one of the "super star" perfumers. I'll have to check it out. Sounds like we'll see it stateside in October.

I have a hard time getting excited about a frag with "Ozonic Effect [and] Metallic Effect" in the top notes.

So it smells like the dry cleaners to which gentlemen take their Saville Row suits.

The Pen's Eau de Verveine has "soft metallics" or some such note, which I did not enjoy at all.

Top Bottom