What's new

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

ooookay...

Ahh, you've yet to see it... Allow me to explain: In corporate America it is becoming increasingly popular (read "trendy") to make sure everyone knows how "green" you are by adding the blurb (subject line) to your email signature. Basically, I've seen the blurb all too many times, yet have never met anyone (including myself) who actually prints out emails. Check out the sample signature below:

Harry Crumm, Crappy job title

Super Duper Company

123 Elm Street| Stoobenville, AZ 8978

Phone: (800) 5555-3433
E-Mail: [email protected]

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Non issue.

If you don't print e-mails it doesn't matter.

If you do print e-mails (and I do - frequently) then you have considered the environment and decided that having a printed copy of the e-mail is more important.

I don't have a problem with that.

I thought it was an instruction with two steps.

1. Consider the environment (it's good to meditate)
2. Print the email

Have I been doing it wrong?:001_tongu

...Because that's what I like to do, print emails and save them for later. :thumbdown

Yes! I just read this: "Please consider the environment before printing this email" (before your post) for the first time in my life. How annoying is that? Do we need directions for everything?

FreezerBurns, brother I like your style.

Last edited:
With things like this coming at us more and more frequently I'm afraid a series of these, in rapid succession, is going to set my eyes rolling with such force they will never stop.

Also with everything I'm supposed to consider these days, from pink ribbons being handed out at every street corner to all the brightly colored bands worn on wrists I'm getting so aware of everything I'm back to caring about nothing.

Rant over.

Fokker out.

Ahh, you've yet to see it... Allow me to explain: In corporate America it is becoming increasingly popular (read "trendy") to make sure everyone knows how "green" you are by adding the blurb (subject line) to your email signature. Basically, I've seen the blurb all too many times, yet have never met anyone (including myself) who actually prints out emails. Check out the sample signature below:

Harry Crumm, Crappy job title

Super Duper Company

123 Elm Street| Stoobenville, AZ 8978

Phone: (800) 5555-3433
E-Mail: [email protected]

You forgot to put the little tree next to it...

Non issue.

If you don't print e-mails it doesn't matter.

If you do print e-mails (and I do - frequently) then you have considered the environment and decided that having a printed copy of the e-mail is more important.

I don't have a problem with that.

I agree

With things like this coming at us more and more frequently I'm afraid a series of these, in rapid succession, is going to set my eyes rolling with such force they will never stop.

Also with everything I'm supposed to consider these days, from pink ribbons being handed out at every street corner to all the brightly colored bands worn on wrists I'm getting so aware of everything I'm back to caring about nothing.

Rant over.

Fokker out.

BINGO!:thumbup1:

:thumbup1:

Please consider the cows before enjoying your rich, tallow based shave soap.

Does eating at Chick-fil-A once every so often balance out my extreme use of tallow? :tongue_sm

I am generally annoyed by this e-mail signature line. I never have found a need to print e-mails, but still...

i think since i've started using email, i've printed out about 5 or so. i've never really had the need. that said, when someone tells me how to run my life, i get mad.

Henceforth, if you send an email to me requesting that I not print it, I will print it out post-haste and mail it back to you. In a large box.

You must work in a different office than any I've ever worked in, because lot's of people like to have hardcopies of everything in front of them at all times.

Top Bottom