What's new

Creed Spice and Wood?

The speculation at Basenotes seems to be leaning that it will be sort of like a modernized Bois du Portugal Light. A variation of BdP that might appeal to younger men that find BdP too "mature-ish."

I don't quite see that looking at the notes profile, but we'll see. Looks to me fairly close to the profile of Aventus.

Notes are listed as:

Italian bergamot, Egyptian lemon and Court Pendu Plat apple with a heart of Angelic root, rose, clove, desert peppers, patchouli and Italian birch. It dries down into Egyptian iris and cedar, oak moss and musk...

The BS line is that it is "inspired" by the love of Cleopatra and Marc Antony.

Last edited:
The only other successful frag I've known w/apples in the topnotes is Azzaro Acteur. Interesting that woods and spice is such a large atomizer. Wonder if Creed is trying to discourage splits.

Anyone know how to access Dullah's post on Creed W&S? Confused.
I started the thread as I would have on Basenotes (where I have hosted some successful splits and many successful sales) without the knowledge of needing moderator approval here on B&B. I am actually in favor of this moderator approval process, as it seems more secure and thorough than simply allowing anyone with sufficient post count to start their own split.

I have submitted all the requested information to the moderator team, and will submit more if needed by the moderator team, including receipts, pictures, or any other proof needed or requested. I believe one of the mods I was in contact with told me it is being currently reviewed for approval/disapproval. I hope for the best, and would love to help other B&B members get glass-to-glass decants of CREED's newest uber-expensive release, all at cost !

Thanks to everyone here at B&B ! :thumbup1:

Thanks, D. I really appreciate your efforts. I think the mod approval process is a good thing, too. Providing some level of comfort to splitor, splitee, general B&B membership, and administration!

I started the thread as I would have on Basenotes (where I have hosted some successful splits and many successful sales) without the knowledge of needing moderator approval here on B&B. I am actually in favor of this moderator approval process, as it seems more secure and thorough than simply allowing anyone with sufficient post count to start their own split.

I have submitted all the requested information to the moderator team, and will submit more if needed by the moderator team, including receipts, pictures, or any other proof needed or requested. I believe one of the mods I was in contact with told me it is being currently reviewed for approval/disapproval. I hope for the best, and would love to help other B&B members get glass-to-glass decants of CREED's newest uber-expensive release, all at cost !

Thanks to everyone here at B&B ! :thumbup1:

Gentlemen, based on several reasons both in open view and behind the scenes, the moderator team has decided against this split at this time. A reminder that this is precisely the reason group buys should be proposed before they're announced -- no one wants to needlessly get folks' hopes up. :001_smile

That's unfortunate. I have used Dullah for several transactions and have found Him excellent in communication, shipping, and description of the products sold. A very trusted voice in the forum.

Well, in that case I just want to let everyone know that I will happily accept a free decant from whomever buys a bottle. :laugh:

I don't know if I could ever drop that much for a cologne!!! Yikes!!

I've been a little confused by Creed's marketing strategy here. Why separate from your regular line of unisex frags these "Royal Exclusives"???

Shouldn't everything from Creed be a Royal Exclusive? Isn't this like saying, "yeah, our stuff is truly the best there is. except for these over here - these are better."

I've been a little confused by Creed's marketing strategy here. Why separate from your regular line of unisex frags these "Royal Exclusives"???

Shouldn't everything from Creed be a Royal Exclusive? Isn't this like saying, "yeah, our stuff is truly the best there is. except for these over here - these are better."

Look at it this way....

Mercedes has it's entry level C class positioned for aspirational buyers who dream of owning the epitome of german luxury (disputable, I know BMW lovers :wink2:). Yet they have their top of the line S class aimed at people who want the ultimate & want to differentiate themselves from the 'hoi polloi' who've scraped through the C class barrier.

Everyone seems to wear Creed GIT these days. That does not negate it in any way except that it loses it's exclusivity. Bang...Creed comes up with 'Royal exclusives' that cost $550 a pop, don't come in smaller sizes - rendering it unaffordable for most. :001_smile

Look at it this way....

Mercedes has it's entry level C class positioned for aspirational buyers who dream of owning the epitome of german luxury (disputable, I know BMW lovers :wink2:). Yet they have their top of the line S class aimed at people who want the ultimate & want to differentiate themselves from the 'hoi polloi' who've scraped through the C class barrier.

Everyone seems to wear Creed GIT these days. That does not negate it in any way except that it loses it's exclusivity. Bang...Creed comes up with 'Royal exclusives' that cost $550 a pop, don't come in smaller sizes - rendering it unaffordable for most. :001_smile

That's a good analogy, but I find it difficult to reconcile with the reality behind Creed for a few reasons.

First, when it comes to cars, almost every luxury manufacturer has positioned themselves to be affordable to middle-income buyers. But it's no secret that these cars are just the same crap everyone else drives with a luxury company's logo slapped on it. And in Mercedes' case, calling the line "C class" isn't even very subtle in what it suggests (C class = coach class).

Creed has no such "C class" standard in their business. Everything they sell is hand made, including the flacons.

Another issue is visibility. Everyone knows Mercedes and BMW. Few know of Creed. None of my friends have ever heard of it. I was at a wedding recently wearing Creed OV, and several people from my alma mater were curious about it. Lots of glazed looks on their faces when I told them. Green Irish Tweed is moderately popular among people who know fine perfumes, and this is because it is arguably Creed's best commercial endeavor - really their only true commercial success. The simple marketing lie that it was made for Cary Grant really took traction. But all the other marketing nonsense about Napoleon and Cleopatra and dukes and wizards . . . not so much.

Then there's quantity. With cars you get one car, period. It depreciates in value when you drive off the lot with it. With Creed, you pay roughly $300 for 4 ounces if you purchase a bottle off their site (once tax, shipping is accounted for). With the Royal Exclusives, you're paying $300 more, but you're getting twice as much juice. So in actuality, this stuff isn't really any more expensive than their 4 ounce bottle. It's just priced to scale. The ploy is that it's $250 more than their other 8 oz flacons. But those are just Creed's way of showing you how to save money by ordering in bulk.

It all leaves me scratching my head as to what exactly separates the men from the boys with Creed. Did they really wash their hands good before making the Royal Exclusives? Is a hunk of the "exclusivity" in those fancy crystal bottles? Why is it not $1K a bottle instead of just priced to scale against the 4 oz line?

Weird company. But I like Creed anyway. :001_rolle

Thanks again for the analogy gupts - the thing is, I over-think stuff!

Top Bottom