What's new

Dunnit!

After a few months of occasional attempts to get a good shave with a straight, I've finally done it. The best BBS shave I've managed with any type of razor!

The razor was an old Bengal straight I bought for a few quid on eBay which I've honed up on an old double sided barber hone, also from eBay.

The cream was Taylor's Avocado, whipped into a frenzy with my B&B finest brush.

Everything seemed to fall into place tonight. It was my first shave for a few days after my only ever disasterous shave with a Feather in my HD. I think it must have been a duff blade as this was the third rough shave with it and this time it took chunks out of my neck!

I remember a post a few weeks ago about someone getting cleaner shaves after a few day's lay-off. Hmm?

Anyway, three fairly quick passes top to bottom, chin to ear and against the grain with the Bengal and it's perfect. Not a nick, not a missed bit under the chin!

I'm so happy...:jump:

Gareth

congrats man! You have reached nirvana!

The only problem is that now you have set the bar so high, all others will pale in comparison!

Great job... once you go to straight razors DE's are used only on days when you are in a hurry

I find a 3 pass straight shae gives a much closer shave than 3 pass DE shave

Top Bottom