What's new

Cigar "Spins"

So I gave up cigars for the summer after two emergency lung surgeries (not smoking related but ya know, scary). So after the end of fashion week (read 14 days of non-stop work about 2-3 hours of sleep EVERY OTHER day, and missing meals for those not familiar with the industry). I deiced that opening the humidor and relaxing with a good smoke, good whiskey and good magazine after a good meal and before a long night of sleep was an earned pleasure.

I made it about halfway through the smoke feeling the normal slightly relaxed, mildly heady feeling that I all ways get form cigars or hukka. Then instantly, it changed to a feeling I can only equate to being far too drunk but with no "black out". I couldn't focus on the text, then got the spins, barely managed to snuff the cigar out and collapse into my bed, where I laid on my side, spinning out and feeling nachous. I finally managed to pass out, and woke up feeling a bit out of sorts around 4am, went back to bed and felt horridly hungover the rest of the next day.

Did I do something wrong? Am I allergic to tabacco? I was never a heavy smoker but maybe once a monthish, could the break have had an effect on my body? was it just a hard week catching up to me really fast?

This happen to any one else ever?

I don't smoke cigars so I can't comment there.

I have overdone it and had it catch up to me though. Too much work, keeping up with the kids, no sleep, living on energy drinks. Went to the lake on a sunday off, drank another energy drink and crashed. It was a lot like what you were describing. Felt fine one minute just tired then BAM I felt like crap all of a sudden and I passed out in the camper the rest of the day and all night. I slept like 19 hours straight. Felt bad the next day too. Not a good feeling. If my mom hadn't of been there to stay with the kids I don't know what would have happened.

But, there's always tomorrow! :lol::lol::lol:

It might have been the cigar. I had one knock me on the *** once it was a Tabantilla. You also could have been tired very tired.

Actually it could have been a cigar. in 1995 I bought a box of Cohiba Robustos in Europe and after smoking one it hit me as if I drunk half a bottle of tequila. I initially thought it was me. But some time later I got a call from a friend of mine in NYC who had exactly the same experience (I sent him a few). The whole box was wacky.

I had this feeling the first and only time I tried dip. FWIW, I didn't smoke tobacco either, although was around cigarettes all the time. All of my roommates had this "hobby" and i just wanted to see what it was like. I was less than successful in this endeavor. my head hurt, spins, etc. it was miserable..

Sounds like it was the nicotine that triggered it (your tolerance will have dropped whilst you've been of cigars) and then your exhaustion just caught up with you.

For your next smoke: Try another (milder) cigar when you're well rested and relaxed. Make sure you've had something to eat and have a (soft) drink handy. Pretend you're a newbie to baccy and take it easy...any signs of dizziness or nausea, just take a break.

...relaxing with a good smoke, good whiskey and good magazine after a good meal and before a long night of sleep was an earned pleasure.

I made it about halfway through the smoke feeling the normal slightly relaxed, mildly heady feeling that I all ways get form cigars or hukka. Then instantly, it changed to a feeling I can only equate to being far too drunk but with no "black out". I couldn't focus on the text, then got the spins, barely managed to snuff the cigar out and collapse into my bed, where I laid on my side, spinning out and feeling nachous. I finally managed to pass out, and woke up feeling a bit out of sorts around 4am, went back to bed and felt horridly hungover the rest of the next day.

Did I do something wrong? Am I allergic to tabacco? I was never a heavy smoker but maybe once a monthish, could the break have had an effect on my body? was it just a hard week catching up to me really fast?

This happen to any one else ever?

Been there, done that. I miss smoking cigars and pipe so much. It is poison so I stopped. I still miss it. For now I'll stick with my wine, and gin and tequila.

Happened to me when I smoked an Acid Blondie. It's a little cigar and I took almost an hour to smoke it. Really enjoyed it. Got done and walked back into the house and proceeded to throw up in the shower for about 45 minutes. No more Acid Blondies for me!

What cigar is it? Certain cigars: LFD Double Ligeros, Litto Gomez Diez, Opus X are higher in nicotine than others and will make you hurl if you didn't eat/ had an un settled stomach before

Top Bottom