What's new

Lock SOTD thread? What do you think?

Lock last weeks thread?

• Lock it up!

• Leave it be!

• Whats a SOTD?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gents,
Posting in the wrong week in the SOTD is something that happens quite often, its not the end of the world,but a pain none the less.
Do you feel it would be advantageous to lock last weeks tread sometime on Monday? What say you?

Lock it late Monday or early Tuesday. This will allow any comments/questions to be finalized in a reasonable timeframe.

I honestly think it should be locked at the same time the new SOTD is posted.

I know a lot of folks log their weekend shaves on Monday, but I think that is part of the problem as it brings the old thread to the top of board and then folks click on it without checking the dates before posting their Monday shave.

M

modern man

Leave it and poke fun at the ones who post falling in our trap, MUAHAHAHA!

I honestly think it should be locked at the same time the new SOTD is posted.

I know a lot of folks log their weekend shaves on Monday, but I think is part of the problem as it brings the old thread to the top of board and then folks click on it without checking the dates before posting their Monday shave.

+1

Leave it and poke fun at the ones who post falling in our trap, MUAHAHAHA!

I agree 100%! What is lost if someone posts in the wrong week? Nothing, nada! It does not add to clutter, nor reduce the value of the forum in which it is posted as many of the threads that are placed in the incorrect forum do.
If we really wish to get anal about this sort of thing, perhaps public floggings are in order for the miscreants posting in the wrong week?:scared: Now there's an idea! Perhaps we need to lighten up a bit? Maybe even have a prize once a year for the largest number of mis-postings in SOTD? Now there's an idea.:001_tt1:

Is it really a big deal if people post in the wrong thread because they forget to check the date? Could we just change the title of the thread so that it says "OLD" in front of the dates?

I often shave in the evening rather than in the morning and usually won't post my evening shaves until the next morning, but if the previous week's thread gets locked as soon as the new week's is started, I guess I can just post both days in one post on the new thread.

M

modern man

I agree 100%! What is lost if someone posts in the wrong week? Nothing, nada! It does not add to clutter, nor reduce the value of the forum in which it is posted as many of the threads that are placed in the incorrect forum do.
If we really wish to get anal about this sort of thing, perhaps public floggings are in order for the miscreants posting in the wrong week?:scared: Now there's an idea! Perhaps we need to lighten up a bit? Maybe even have a prize once a year for the largest number of mis-postings in SOTD? Now there's an idea.:001_tt1:

The contest would be unfair. Considering that I would win every time. :wink:

I can't find the public flogging option. Was it removed???:001_tt2:

Leave it be. It's not a big deal. And if you don't know what day it is when you post, you don't need a lock...you need rehab!:eek:

Randy

Top Bottom