What's new

gratitude

since we're still in tough economic times I decided I wanted to show some gratitude for the things I have in my life, like a roof over my head, a job, a great dog, a loving wife and the many other little things that I may take for granted.

I say this because i'm constantly surrounded by individuals who don't appreciate how lucky they are with the things they have. my boss gave out bonuses today and I thought he was fairly generous about it, especially when you consider how badly most businesses have suffered during the recession. my coworker essentially shrugged his shoulders and said, 'the bonuses could've been better.' this was tantamount to a slap in the face to me and for him to suggest my boss wasn't being generous made me think of a spoiled child. he should be grateful he still has a job imo.

anyway, what things are you grateful for? do you find yourself surrounded by people that are constantly negative when they shouldn't be?

Wow what an arse (your co-worker) at least he got something rather than nothing.

I'm thankful for a great house my parents bought for my wife and I, my wife of soon to be 2 years come December, my 3 dogs and 2 cats, and a good job working for my grandfathers company.

I'm grateful to have my dad's watch. It's nothing fancy, just a Timex. The funeral home gave it to my sister who stuck it in a drawer; after some years she gave it to me. Although he passed more than 20 years ago it makes me feel connected. I'm grateful for things that last.

Suggest to your friend that he/she read Who Moved my Cheese...

My gratitude for what touches my life each day can't be put into words...

I'm grateful to be a father, a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, and a worker among workers today. Six years ago I was none of these. I was unemployed and unemployable. I thought that the world owed me more than my due, and that all of my problems were someone else's fault. I am grateful that I am restored to sanity today.

I really think most of us Americans are not grateful for what we have. When you think about it, we are extremely blessed to have what we have. Many things we take for granted are not possible in many countries or entire parts of the world. Always be thankful for what you have because there are hundreds of people who would kill for what we consider small things.

I'm grateful for my significant other...Marie and I have been living together for ten years and I can't even begin to try and imagine how empty my life would be without her...also grateful that my dad had my grandfathers gold watch restored and gave it to me...since our family only came to the US in 1920 it's about the only family heirloom we have, and as I was the oldest grandchild my grandfather and I had a special relationship...how I wished he could have lived just a little longer...he passed away in 1956 when I was 10 and he was 67...now I'm only a few years away from that age...with today's medicines he might have had another ten or even twenty years for me to enjoy his company...

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I am thankful every day for the gifts provided to me. I try hard to lead an "intentional" life, being aware that what surrounds me did not just happen, it was provided.

I have always had a job to support us, a roof over my head and transportation. My wife is my partner and team mate in whatever we have faced. I was given the skills to create things which has blessed me with a second income when in need. My woodworking has carried my wife and I through times of great need. My strop business grew just when I need to send my daughter through college. My businesses were a gift of providence, not the result of a calculated business plan.

I was also blessed with the message of when it was time to slow down and enjoy life and the world around me. We were blessed with the ability to keep our material desires in check and to be happy with whatever we had. We have lived day to day, we have also lived a bit too well too at times in our lives. The Lord has given us balance as we try hard to pay honor to that gift and live each day intentionally, in appreciation and aknowledgement of what we have and that is is a gift.

Ten years ago I worried about every penny, what every day would bring.....what if, what if.... Today I have no worries, it is what it is, tomorrow will bring whatever it brings and I know I will be able to handle it, I know I will be able to appreciate it for what it is, good or bad.

For this I give thanks.

Tony Miller

Top Bottom