What's new

Greets!

I've lurked around this site for a few months, and decided it's time to step into the light! I started wetshaving actually several years ago, using a Gillette Sensor Excel, VDH glycerin shave soap, and a VDH green handle boar brush. Hard times and ill health made me see the light about the cost of the sensor excel cartridges, and forced me to use dollar store 10 for a buck disposables for a while. I found that building a good lather and keeping my face wet even made those passable as far as smoothness. After my health dropped off and a short hospital stay, followed by 5 weeks of a total lack of energy and strength, I started looking around and found this forum. I always enjoyed shaving, and was surprised that there are so many of us that DO enjoy it. Once I was able to return to work, I decided a DE razor was the way to go. I guess it kind of fit in with the mug-soap-brush routine. Thanks to the reviews I found here, I decided to buy a Merkur HD. When it arrived, along with some High Life shave soap and a bottle of their bay rum, I was like a kid in a candy store. I rushed home from work and almost couldn't wait to try all these new goodies out. Total bliss is all I can say....Now it's time to get a badger brush! Who knows, I may even combine another hobby and get the parts from TGN and make my own...I'm envisioning a nice cocobola handle, turned to fit my hand just so, and a silvertip badger knot.

Anyway, thanks for all the help you have already provided, and here's to the future advice I'm sure I'll look for! :bayrum2:

Thank you all! This Merkur HD that you gave high marks gives me a great shave, I can't say enough about it. I just put a new blade in it last night, and got a dud, though. I got a couple of minor nicks out of it, but other than that, still a good shave, especially when topped off with a little High Life bay rum. The selection of AS is still one of my favorite parts of the shave, with so many different scents to chose from, it never gets boring!

Welcome to the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Welcome to the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Can one NOT relax when shaving? I enjoy every second of it, and the more I learn, the more I enjoy it. I can see how so many here are addicted to shaving, and collecting shave-related items. It seems the more the shave involves, the more relaxing and enjoyable it is.....some day, somewhere, I WILL have my own hot towel cabinet!

Anyway, I guess I will have to see if SWMBO will be OK with me heading out to the antique stores and flea markets tomorrow. She'd hate to know the collection that this fine new DE has started. :lol1:

Top Bottom