What's new

Cigar Breath

I don't smoke everyday. I might have a cigar once or twice a week. Usually I can brush my teeth , do a shot of Listerine an my mouth is back to normal. Sometimes however, the taste can last in my mouth for a couple of days. What have you found that will cleanse mouth ASAP ?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I don't know about cleansing your breath, but shaving with Salter's vetiver will sure mask the smell.

+1 on the Listerine and use something like this
I smoke pipes / cigars almost everyday and between the
brushing / flossing / mouthwash rinsing and tongue scraping......my breath doesnt seem to be too annoying. :biggrin:

+1 on the tongue scraper. I never heard of them or used one before my hygienist recommended to me that I use one and explained how on my last cleaning. Since I have added it to the morning routine, it has made one the biggest differences that I can think of in the "brushing the teeth" department. Follow the scraping up with some Cool Mint Listerine - awesome!

Dennis

I haven't found anything that entirely removes that long-lived aftertaste, but I have found that Cuban cigars have much leave a much less unpleasant long-lived aftertaste than do domestics.

What have you found that will cleanse mouth ASAP ?

Cheap beer works for me.:wink:

I don't know about cleansing your breath, but shaving with Salter's vetiver will sure mask the smell.

You ain't kiddin'. I got some in my sampler from Scotto awhile back....wasn't familiar w/ vetiver really, so I decided to try it out. One shave, and I washed it down the drain. I've been in the back seat of police cars that smelled better.

a nice cup of strongish green tea (swish it around your mouth a bit) works well. also works well for garlic breath.

If you smoke cigars you are going to smell like a cigar. No matter which of the above solutions you try. Lemon cigar breath, ginger cigar breath, chocolate cigar breath, green tea cigar breath...the choice is yours.

Eat an Apple.

Apple's are natures natural breath freshener (besides all of their other benefits). You will find it in the secret weapon arsenal of many hunters, especially predator hunters (lions, tigers and bears, oh my) because the animals can smell your breath and predators will usually circle downwind of you (or anything suspicious) to hide their own scent and make it easier to target yours.

Eat an Apple.

Apple's are natures natural breath freshener (besides all of their other benefits). You will find it in the secret weapon arsenal of many hunters, especially predator hunters (lions, tigers and bears, oh my) because the animals can smell your breath and predators will usually circle downwind of you (or anything suspicious) to hide their own scent and make it easier to target yours.

Indeed. I was somewhat puzzled when I saw two lions in Tesco's buying apples today, but all has been revealed. Good thread though, I always think an excellent way of covering the smell of cigars is to smoke a stronger one next time. Cubans are less offensive for some reason though, perhaps it's the maturation of the tobacco?

Indeed. I was somewhat puzzled when I saw two lions in Tesco's buying apples today, but all has been revealed.

:lol:

No, I meant people who hunt lions, tigers and bears, and coyote's or pretty much any predatory animal. But it also applies to deer hunters as well. It leaves a neutral smell as opposed to a minty fresh cigar smell.

Top Bottom