What's new

Anyone try "the real shaving co." cream?

hey just picked this up out of impulse with some proraso
anyone try "The Real Shaving co."? 150ml tube from shoppers drug mart.

Wondering if i should keep it or just return it since i've never heard it

The Real Shaving Company creams are made by Creightons, the same company that makes creams for some of the Three T's (Taylor, Trumper, and Truefitt and Hill). Thus it is a top quality cream for a fraction of the cost.

It lathers wonderfully, but the tea tree smell may not be something you fall in love with, being rather earthy smelling.

I plan to try this as soon as I can find it again. I've seen it in stores in the past, but passed it by. Now that I've heard comments about it on here, I want to try it.

The ingredients on the label match up almost exactly to those on the side of TOBS. I find the lather to be very similar as well. The only real difference is the scent which, while agreeable, doesn't appeal to me as much as some of the TOBS ones do. However, it is inexpensive and available at local drug stores. From my experience, it is the only shave cream worth buying locally where I live. I used it for travel until I found the Arko shave sticks.

I like it. It's my cream I go to when I've run out of everything else.
I'm not a fan of tubes, so I squeezed it into an old TOBS tub

It's a great cream for the money. Can be found at Rite-Aid stores, sometimes at 2 for one price. Also check the manufactures site they sometimes have a $2.00 off coupon available. . . . . It is probably the best cream that you will be able to get "locally", thus avoiding the high shipping costs of shopping online.

DD

It's a great cream for the money. Can be found at Rite-Aid stores, sometimes at 2 for one price. Also check the manufactures site they sometimes have a $2.00 off coupon available. . . . . It is probably the best cream that you will be able to get "locally", thus avoiding the high shipping costs of shopping online.

DD

Totally agree...great for the money but eventhough I'm a noobie and haven't yet tried many creams (two to be exact) I prefer KMF Cool Mint. For those of you in the Charlotte area, I bought the RS at Harris Teeter for $4.49.:thumbup1:

Absolutely amazing value for money - equal to TOBS in quality - scent is so so - quite plain, not overpowering though. 6 tubes for the equivalent of $9 was pretty good...

It lathers great and the shave feels good at the time, but for some reason I have a little more irritation with it than some other creams. Its almost like I need a little more cushion or something.

Most people don't seem to have any trouble with it so I guess it just doesn't like me.

DD
Hey, thanks for the tip on Rite-Aid. I have one close by so I can pick some up to try.

If you don't have a Rite-Aid nearby, I believe Wal-Mart carries RSC products as well. I've seen it locally, and it wasn't at Walgreen's so it has to be Wal-Mart I saw it at!

Top Bottom