What's new

Does frequency effect quality of shave?

Is one more likely to get a better/closer shave with longer stubble? (i.e.: instead of shaving every day, shave on a 36 hour cycle to get better results)

H

I have often wondered the same thing. I imagine it's another one of those "YMMV" situations in which everyone's skin type/beard type/personal preference will determine the best results for the individual.

Do some experiments and find out what works best for you! And of course let us all know what you discover! :biggrin1:

I get much better shaves if i skip days. Gives the chance for the skin to calm down.

That being said, I've definitely increased the frequency of my shaves since I started with the proper prep and with DEs, with no adverse effects. Maybe daily shaving is in my future...

I'm trying to see if I shave more frequently bust less intensely I can build up my neck's tolerance to being shaved, and over time get closer and more aggressive every day. "Grease the Groove" as it were.

If that makes sense...

Plus I actually enjoy it now so I want to do it every day. heh.

Legion

Staff member
Yep, I get my closest shaves off a three day growth. I'm not sure why. Maybe my skin has had time to heal and thicken up because it has not had the outer layers scraped the day before.

I suppose you could shave too often. With too little (or nothing) to shave off you'd be scraping skin.

h

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Some do... I don't know, I can't go for long without shaving...

i always get a better shave when my face has had a bit of a rest.

when i know im gonna want a really good shave on a paticular day, ill skip shaving for a day or so (if possible) to really make sure.

I've been wondering the same thing. I really would like a daily shave...sets the mood for the rest of the day...but, I'm usually accompanied by some form of pain. Every other day seems to get the best response for a BBS and to avoid weepers. Also, a quality soap/cream that is suitable specifically for you...I really think you can't skimp on this...but that's just me:)

Shaving every other day yields better results for me at least...

If I have to shave for two consecutive days then I will settle for a mild combo, e.g. a superspeed and astra, on the next day.

I like to shave only every 36 hours or longer. I usually shave every other day. I like shaving the extra stubble, it feels good. I think I do get a better shave that way.

I absolutely get better shaves with days off in between. I have several theories as to why, but I'm certain it's the case for me.

It might be possible for me to get a better shave after resting a day between ... but I just can't do without the Pinaud Burn on a daily basis!

Top Bottom