What's new

Cooper flip top

Picked up a Cooper Flip top. Appears that a regular DE will work with it. Does anyone know if that is correct? Did it use a proprietary blade? Anyone ever shave with one. Really a nice razor. Thanks for your help.

Have not tried that yet but I am sure I can somehow. The razor looks like new to me and is really neat how the top flips open.

I'm guessing it takes a normal DE blades. Neat design, opens like a Click type razor, hinged on one end of the head and latches on the other.

I have one. Couldn't get regular blades to work well. I tried a Shark blade in it and found the center hole to be to small and the blade to long. I enlarged the hole and trimmed the edges to make it fit and proceeded to shave with it.

It's a mild razor that provided a decent shave. Too much trouble to alter the blades on a regular basis so it's on the shelf for now.

Thanks everyone for your info. Poppi, regular blades fit in mine. Though they seem like a little to much shaving edge is exposed on each side. I am going to try it this weekend and see how it goes. It is really a nice piece to have for collection.

I just had a DFS with one.

I used a vintage Gillette stainless blade. It fit fine. :huh:

I thought it was smooth and clean. The great part was that the head covered the blade ends from poking out.

I'll have to try a modern production blade and see if it fits. :detective:

The one I got cleaned up incredibly well. The short handle is a disappointment, but a beautiful razor nonetheless.

If nothing else it's going to look pretty darn good in your display case. It's very unique, congrats on your scoring this one.

Top Bottom