What's new

1960's inertial, pull-string space razor?

Please tell me I haven't immagined this, but wasn't there a rotary razor -with one big blade/shaver top, center- that was powered by pulling a string repeatedly, thus winding a weighted interia wheel/fly wheel?

I distinctly remember these being from the 1960's and being associated with NASA and the astronauts, although I don't know if they were really used in the space program, or if that was just marketing hype.

edit: This thing was big... like holding a cassette player to your face.

Last edited:
Please tell me I haven't immagined this, but wasn't there a rotary razor -with one big blade/shaver top, center- that was powered by pulling a string repeatedly, thus winding a weighted interia wheel/fly wheel?

I distinctly remember these being from the 1960's and being associated with NASA and the astronauts, although I don't know if they were really used in the space program, or if that was just marketing hype.

edit: This thing was big... like holding a cassette player to your face.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/1691064...=vintage_low&gclid=CMyRs5PtiL4CFRSPfgodO6gArA

I had one of these months ago the all white version. I bought it becasue it was advertised as a Russian space razor used by an actual Cosmonaut. Bonks the head I cannot believe I actually fell for it.

Top Bottom