What's new

Storage

Is it true that storing a straight razor on a stand can increase the rate of oxidation and lead to a more frequent need to hone?

not unless that stand has special properties leading it to be more corrosive. regardless of whether the razor is in a stand or on a table or in your back pocket, it is exposed to the same air.

I'd just put it in a box with some moisture removing silicone beads. You know the stuff you see in packaging? Just throw em in everytime you get one!

I use a data/ floppy disk box I bought at Office Depot. I use one razor each week then rotate every Sunday. I keep the ones I haven't used yet in the middle drawer and the ones that I used in the bottom. I keep this box in the top shelf of my hallway closet, a few feet away from the bathroom. I keep the razor that I'm presently using that week on top of the box.
After I go through all of them, I hone any that need it and oil them for the next rotation (I don't oil the razor that I'm currently using).
The very top drawer has room for my injector razors, DE razors, Gems and my Mach III that I still keep around.:tongue_sm
Ernest

proxy.php

I use a data/ floppy disk box I bought at Office Depot. I use one razor each week then rotate every Sunday. I keep the ones I haven't used yet in the middle drawer and the ones that I used in the bottom. I keep this box in the top shelf of my hallway closet, a few feet away from the bathroom. I keep the razor that I'm presently using that week on top of the box.
After I go through all of them, I hone any that need it and oil them for the next rotation (I don't oil the razor that I'm currently using).
The very top drawer has room for my injector razors, DE razors, Gems and my Mach III that I still keep around.:tongue_sm
Ernest

proxy.php

You think you have too many razors? haha!

I'd just put it in a box with some moisture removing silicone beads. You know the stuff you see in packaging? Just throw em in everytime you get one!

Good idea, never thought of this, but it makes sense. I have my straights out in a pipe rack, but my Japanese style straights are kept covered. :001_smile

Top Bottom