What's new

Semogue 2030 from VintageScent.com

I have no experience with their badgers, but the boars are top of the line IMO. Best of luck finding that first brush.

If you go boar, I would strongly suggest the SOC or 830. You have to give them a long time to break in to reach their full potential though, whereas a badger is pretty much broken in on arrival.

I have several boar brushes from Semogue and love them.
As for vintagescent, always great service from them. Bruno, aka Leon, is the shop owner and is a truly gentleman. :thumbup1:

I can't comment on the 2030, but being a pure badger I would think it would be OK with that loft height - as in enough backbone.

I've got the 2040HD, and even though it is "High Density" it is soft, I couldn't imagine getting it in the "normal" version, it would be too fluffy to my taste.

As Harvitz81 says, their boar is very good quality (I have 3), and as far as I can see, my single badger has the same quality.

And I can only recommend VintageScent.com - very nice and friendly :thumbup1:

I'm quite sure you will be happy with your choice :001_smile

Like others, I haven't tried their badgers, but I can second the recommendation for their 830. It took a little breaking in, but not much, and regularly outperforms my badgers.

From VS is would highly recommend a 830, 1305, or SOC. Bruno is by far the best Semogue distributor. Good luck and welcome to B&B!

It [finally] arrived yesterday. Over 2 weeks in the mail, and nearly 3 weeks since I placed the order.

I think the wait was worth it; the brush feels so much better on my face than the VDH brush from CVS that I've been using for the last 2 weeks. I think my next brush will be the Semogue 830 so I can better compare the badger to boar.

I placed an order from VintageScent.com last week...by no means am I in a hurry, but I am curious why I haven't heard anything confirming the order. PayPal processed the order to Bruno. Should I be concerned or just relax and wait?

Relax and wait. But if you want to check it out, do this:
Go to your account at vintagescent's website - click in "My account", enter your name and password, blah blah blah. Check your order status (click in the "view" button in front of your order).
There should be a number there, something like RMxxxxxxxxxPT - that is your tracking number. ;-)

Top Bottom