Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Queen Charlotte Soaps - updates and new products

Default Queen Charlotte Soaps - updates and new products

We are proud to announce some updates to and new products at Queen Charlotte Soaps.

We are now offering two new scents: Briar and Celestial Woods. Briar is an aromatic tobacco scent and Celestial Woods is a blend of several woody scents.

Interested in being the first to be notified about new products, exclusive and upcoming sales, and general information about Queen Charlotte Soaps? Fan us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter! It is free of charge and guarantees that you are up to date. Facebook fans and Twitter followers always receive updates first.

As always, we would love to hear your feedback and thoughts. If you have purchased something from us, please take a minute and review it in the review section.
    Matthew | QueenCharlotteSoaps.com - Handmade hand & body soap, shampoo bars, tallow shaving cream and soap, aftershave balm, and much more

We now have a blog. You can view it here. We plan on providing updates and exclusive sales on it, as well as informational articles and pictures of our stuff. If you do not have a Facebook or Twitter account, this is a great way to get updates and exclusive sale information.
    Matthew | QueenCharlotteSoaps.com - Handmade hand & body soap, shampoo bars, tallow shaving cream and soap, aftershave balm, and much more

Quote Originally Posted by mretzloff View Post
    We now have a blog. You can view it here. We plan on providing updates and exclusive sales on it, as well as informational articles and pictures of our stuff. If you do not have a Facebook or Twitter account, this is a great way to get updates and exclusive sale information.
    Thanks for doing this, I signed up for email updates from the blog

I refuse to get caught up in anything Facebook or Twitter related.

Images

Ugh. You're making it harder and harder, Matthew.

When I get the cash, I'll have to try the sample pack at the least. (Unless I can convince you to do hard shave soaps?)

Will the new scents also have matching bath soaps?
    -- Richard, Czar of Cheddar

Quote Originally Posted by gaj90027 View Post
    I refuse to get caught up in anything Facebook or Twitter related.

I will also create a newsletter, exactly for this reason. There will be a link for this on my website.

Just as a little FYI, if you want to follow someone on Twitter, but do not want to create an account, Twitter allows you to follow that Twitter account via RSS feed. There is always a link on Twitter's right-hand side. Here is a link to mine.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by RichGem View Post
    Ugh. You're making it harder and harder, Matthew.

When I get the cash, I'll have to try the sample pack at the least. (Unless I can convince you to do hard shave soaps?)

Will the new scents also have matching bath soaps?
    Currently, all, except Briar, Celestial Woods, and key lime, have matching bath & body soaps. I believe I do have some Briar and Celestial Woods bath and body soaps, but I will have to check. If you are interested, shoot me a PM. The key lime will never come out in a bath & body soap because it would never survive the soap making process (sodium hydroxide kills it). The only way to make it come through, would be using an extreme amount, but that would make the soap too expensive to sell.

We are working on a hard tallow and lanolin soap. The last batch was a failure, but the current one looks promising. We will keep experimenting until we find one that works, at which point we will send out free samples to be tested.
    Last edited by mretzloff; 09-24-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Needed to add more stuff

Thumbs up RSS Link

Thanks for posting the RSS Link.

I am not a Luddite, but I dislike Facebook and Twitter.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite If you do not know what a Luddite is.

Steve
    Remembering Sue . . . I gave to Soap For Hope
    --B&B Ink "5 O'Clock Shadow" Group Buy
    Back to DE Shaving after 25 years

Matthew,

I received my 3 sample order a few days ago (key lime, rose, and lavender). The scents are amazing and I definitely know which three I'll order when my samples run out! The lime is simply fantastic!

Cheers,

Michael
    Michael

Images

Matthew,

Ordered a lavender soap/cream and received it this week. I was initially very hesitate to order artisan soaps as I've not had great luck in the past. After all the rave reviews I couldn't resist and had to try some out.

I can certainly say you hit a home run for performance. My first use I used a normal amount of cream that I would use with most other products and it ended up being far too much. A little goes a long way and I was very impressed with the thickness of the lather.

I know that you use lavender EO and if my nose is correct it smells like french lavender. The only negative thing I can say about the soap is that I personally think there is to much EO in there. I didn't have an allergic reaction or anything, I just think that if it was toned down a bit on the EO it would suit me better. Of course this is a YMMV issue as I'm sure many people want a strong smelling product.

All in all you did a great job. Can you tell me which of your other products use pure EO? I was hesitant about the rose as pure rose EO is super expensive and I'm assuming you use germanium rose EO?

Looking forward to seeing what you come out with in the future and definitely interested to see you put lanolin in as well.

To those who have given feedback and good wishes: thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachurek View Post
    Thanks for posting the RSS Link.

I am not a Luddite, but I dislike Facebook and Twitter.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite If you do not know what a Luddite is.

Steve
    I understand

Quote Originally Posted by Harvitz81 View Post
    Matthew,

Ordered a lavender soap/cream and received it this week. I was initially very hesitate to order artisan soaps as I've not had great luck in the past. After all the rave reviews I couldn't resist and had to try some out.

I can certainly say you hit a home run for performance. My first use I used a normal amount of cream that I would use with most other products and it ended up being far too much. A little goes a long way and I was very impressed with the thickness of the lather.

I know that you use lavender EO and if my nose is correct it smells like french lavender. The only negative thing I can say about the soap is that I personally think there is to much EO in there. I didn't have an allergic reaction or anything, I just think that if it was toned down a bit on the EO it would suit me better. Of course this is a YMMV issue as I'm sure many people want a strong smelling product.

All in all you did a great job. Can you tell me which of your other products use pure EO? I was hesitant about the rose as pure rose EO is super expensive and I'm assuming you use germanium rose EO?

Looking forward to seeing what you come out with in the future and definitely interested to see you put lanolin in as well.
    Hello Joe. I am happy you like the lavender shaving cream soap.

Cedarwood-lemongrass, key lime, and lavender are scented with only essential oils. Celestial Woods contains both essential and fragrance oils. The rest contain only fragrance oils. For your convenience, I listed this in the description of each product (bath & body soaps included).

For the rose we are using a fragrance oil. Rose geranium smells a bit different than rose, so we figured the fragrance oil would be the better option.

The thing with fragrance oils is that they are just easier to work with and are at a price point which allows us to sell our shaving cream soap for $7.50. I do understand some customers prefer products scented with only essential oils, which is why we will be releasing some in the future (one is scheduled for early December ).

Well, sounds like great soap. I ordered the shaving sampler, and a bar of soap.
    I am currently deployed to Afghanistan, and wasn't able to select an APO option from any of the dropdowns. I entered the desired address in the comments box. If it cannot be done, its still good. Will give me something else to look forward to, when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by cudaowner View Post
    Well, sounds like great soap. I ordered the shaving sampler, and a bar of soap.
    I am currently deployed to Afghanistan, and wasn't able to select an APO option from any of the dropdowns. I entered the desired address in the comments box. If it cannot be done, its still good. Will give me something else to look forward to, when I get home.
    I just sent you a PM.

I would be more than happy to send this to your APO address. Unfortunately, I do not believe my shipping module allows this. I will have to work with APO address on an individual basis. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by mretzloff; 09-26-2010 at 07:22 AM. Reason: typo

Images

Matthew:

Is a menthol soap in the works?
    Jim P. - Chandler, Arizona

ackvil (at) badgerandblade.com
    Arizona Retro Shave Enthusiast.
    Any questions? Just ask! Since I may not read all of the posts feel free to PM or Email me.

"Winning is
    like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."
    Jack Kemp

Be a gentleman at all times. Shine your shoes, shave every day, be considerate of others, and don't chew with your mouth open. Words of advice from my late mother.

Quote Originally Posted by ackvil View Post
    Matthew:

Is a menthol soap in the works?
    Yes. Please check back in December

Many customers have asked us to produce an unscented shaving cream soap. At Queen Charlotte Soaps we aim to please, so we listened. The next twenty customers who place an order have the option of receiving a free sample of our new unscented vegan shaving cream soap. All that we ask is that you provide us with your feedback via e-mail. The unscented shaving cream soap contains no added fragrances and contains no products derived from animals.

If you would like a free sample, please take a look at our blog
    Last edited by mretzloff; 10-10-2010 at 01:09 AM.

Thumbs up Oh Yea!

I got my samples, Lavender, Rose, Cedarwood-Lemongrass, Key Lime and Celestial Wood.

I was surprised which ones turned out to be my favorites. I tend to like woody scents but the winners for me are:
    Key Lime - The downside is it makes me hungry
    Lavender - I love Lavender but I did not expect to like it on me. Smells incredible.
    Rose - I never thought I would use a product that smelled like roses. I think it was my upbringing, flowery scents are for girls. But this one knocked my socks off. The scent is so fresh and clean and smells like a fresh cut rose. Now I want to try a Rose ASB and EDT.
    The service is great and best of all, AND the reason for shaving soap in the first place, it creates great lather that lubricates and protects while smelling great.
    Unfortunately the SWMBO has put a stop on more purchase until I use up some of products I already have. I may have to go to shaving 5 times a day. . . . .

Steve
    Remembering Sue . . . I gave to Soap For Hope
    --B&B Ink "5 O'Clock Shadow" Group Buy
    Back to DE Shaving after 25 years

Unfortunately the SWMBO has put a stop on more purchase until I use up some of products I already have. I may have to go to shaving 5 times a day. . . . .

Steve
    Been there, done that, got a T-shirt
    George

Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words.

Images

Any updates on how your testing is going on a lanolin and Tallow cream?

Love my lavender so far and can definitely hold off for awhile, but when you get the lanolin/tallow right I'll be ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvitz81 View Post
    Any updates on how your testing is going on a lanolin and Tallow cream?

Love my lavender so far and can definitely hold off for awhile, but when you get the lanolin/tallow right I'll be ordering.
    I believe I said that I was working on a tallow/lanolin soap. It still needs some more testing.

As for a tallow and lanolin cream, I could surely look into that.

Images

I got my samples, Lavender, Rose, Cedarwood-Lemongrass, Key Lime and Celestial Wood.

I was surprised which ones turned out to be my favorites. I tend to like woody scents but the winners for me are:
    Key Lime - The downside is it makes me hungry
    Lavender - I love Lavender but I did not expect to like it on me. Smells incredible.
    Rose - I never thought I would use a product that smelled like roses. I think it was my upbringing, flowery scents are for girls. But this one knocked my socks off. The scent is so fresh and clean and smells like a fresh cut rose. Now I want to try a Rose ASB and EDT.
    The service is great and best of all, AND the reason for shaving soap in the first place, it creates great lather that lubricates and protects while smelling great.

Steve
    So, have you tried that Cedarwood Lemongrass yet?

The best praise I can give it is that I don't think I should like the smell of it, but I love the smell of it. It is a tough one to corner and I keep telling myself the scent isn't for me, but I keep going back to it. It is an eyeopener of a scent!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast